New to the board

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Hinton

Reaction score
Found out about the sight today from some Nitro owners that I know from another board so I dropped in to say hi.

I have a Nitro 640LX that I just put a Different motor on. I went from a 50 to a 90. Im loving the way she runs. Finally got to open her up with just me 3/4 tank a gas and all my gear and hit 55. She started chinewalking like crazy though so I trimmed her back. I have a Jackplate on her set to 1 1/2" above pad measuerd at the cav plate. So my next step is to start jacking her up and see if the speed goes up and the chine walk goes away. Cant wait to post with yall and shoot the bull.

Welcome fellow 640 lx owner ! I have a 99 with a 90 merc and I love it! what year is yours? what pitch prop do you run? Welcome aboard!

Boat is a 04 engine is a 05. I have a LazerII 22 on it turning 5500 RPMS WOT right now. Probally get some more RPMS when I start jacking her up.

Welcome aboard Mike. The jackplate will help but keep an eye on the chine walking during your adjustments because we'd hate to lose you so soon.

Da Bear

DUDE!!!

About time!!

Now how the HECK are you posting at 1418 and we had meeting time at 1500??????? I was wanting to get some pics of your rig running!!!!

You, MD, RS owe us chow for swooping so early!!!!!

HAHAH That is all in good fun man, can not let you off easy ya know!! Welcome to the board and you will meet a nice bunch of people here!!!

Carlos

Its all RedSkeeters fault. Switch on his trolling motor went bad and started smoking. If he hadnt unplugged it when he did would have had a fire. I didnt know how to get back on my own so I followed him back. But I know now. Just say when and that meal is yours. Still trying to figure out where I know KB from. Wanted to talk to him and Toxic some more.

Welcome FM,

Can't help you much with the set-up myself, but drop anchor and keep that line in the water, it'll come.

Congratz on that new motor, and again, welcome.

--Casey

Welcome FM, You bugged out way to early today...

We deduct points for that, Nice meeting you today...

We'll do it again soon. if you want to get out sometime give me a shout....KB

watch the water pressure as you go up with the motor put a guage on it if you don't have one now also welcome aboard Ken

I have one but need to install it. No room on the dash for one so I dont know where to put it.

No trim guage. All I have is the basics. Voltage, speed, RPM, and Fuel. THink it is flat enough to mount next to voltage or fuel. Just have to get the Kahunas to drill a whole in the dash.

Welcome FM!!!.....Bting thaqtq Nitro over to the Garagemahal and we'll put some holes inner an gitrdone!!...lol...

I will be down yalls way again in Feb. Ill be in Parris Island going to school for about 2 weeks. Gonna drag the boat down and try to fish Santee on the weekends. Was gonna see if I could store it at the garage mahal while I was in school and see if you wanted to fish on the weekend.

Welcome aboard...

Just keep coming back despite the abuse...

I only have one thing to say about this board and some of the people who frequent here...

RUN!!! Run away while you still can!!! This place is addictive.

But seriously now, welcome. Hope you have as much fun and enjoyment here as I do.

Not sure I'd want to go out on Santee in a 640. Please remember that this is a BIG WATER reservoir - and if you are not familar with Santee, you can really get in trouble on this lake(s) - it's very shallow with a zillion stumps that love to eat prop's.

Get with WildBill and he will take care of you.

Tex

I have fished Santee before. Actually just fished it in Oct 30. We had the BBC Rally Tournament thier. I would probally fish the River in my boat. Or trailer up to and fish the cowpasture and angels cove.

Back