New Stick

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Not a fishing rod but a Brand new just made two weeks ago, direct from the Remington Factory Remington Model 700 Long Range Tatical bolt action in .308. The trigger is set at a crisp 3Lbs. I "Pro Planned" it through my job at Bass Pro. and got it for a great price. Now to decide what to put on it to "finish" it out(Carlos???)I'm looking at Pro Planning a Luepold LRT 4.5X14X40 or Maybe another Super Sniper from SWFA like the one I have on my M1A National Match. Ideas anyone??

Need to get a Harris Bipod and a sling and some time to shoot.

fatrap

Congrats on the new piece! I love Remmy 700's. If I had the money, it would probably be a Leupold that I'd add to it too. Unfortunately, I never seem to have that kind of money laying around, and when I do, I normally don't put it into a scope like I should. I'm pretty happy with my Simmons Aetec that I have on my ADL. It's served me well, and it was within my normal scope price range. One of these days, I'll probably get off my wallet and buy something better.

I hope you don't mind - but you didn't add pics to your post (shame on you fatrap!!! you know better!!! :lol: ), so I thought I'd add a few of my own.

I just recently decided to do some upgrades on my Remington 700ADL (.270). I got this Boyds sportster stock on sale for $150 - brand new. I've always wanted a thumbhole stock on this ADL, and when I saw the color of this wood, I couldn't pass it up for that price. Next comes a trigger job, but I haven't decided which route to go yet.

I hope you don't mind the pics:

DSCF1090.jpg

DSCF1091.jpg

All the best,

Glenn

fatrap,

Sweet! I like that 26" fluted barrel. I've always wanted to get a rifle with one of these. Maybe later on down the line I'll add that to the "next firearm" list. That Bell & Carlson stock looks really good in those colors. I don't quite understand the little hook underneath the stock. What is that for? I tried to understand it through the write up, but I'm just not that well versed in those types of things, so it's not setting in. Congrats on a fine looking rifle! I hope you enjoy it!

All the best,

Glenn

Tox,

Bought the stock as a replacement, and took the picture right before shipping the original black synthetic stock to it's new owner. The stock was installed a few seconds later, and took about that long - a few seconds. Three screws - done.

I'm simply amazed at how well the fit and finish are on this Boyds stock. I was scared that I was going to have to do some inletting, but the barreled action just slid right in - snugly and perfect. It looks really good now, and it feels great.

The only problem I have - look at the pads on each. The original had a cheap pad on it, but at least it was thick. The new stock came with a thin little pad. I don't even know if I could consider that a recoil pad. Regardless, I've got a grind-to-fit pad enroute from Cabelas. I'm not looking forward to the fitting work of that new pad, but it will be worth it in the end, I'm sure.

All the best,

Glenn

Glen, I think that stock is for shooting with a sandbag. You scrunch up the bag to fit in the little hook and then bring your left hand under the stock and grab the front of the bag with it. Then you can fine adjust elevation just by squeezing your hand. It might also fit a specific brand of rear bunny-ear bags. Nice looking rifle. Here is one I had put together a couple years ago. Remmy 25.06 with Hart stainless barrel, High-Tech stock, and Luepy 4-14 with B&C crosshair. See the bunny-ear bag, maybe that hook in the stock would snuggle right down in there.

NoCAL

P1010360.JPG

Get them while there are no restrictions on construction tools.

New Nail Gun, made by DeWALT.

It can drive a 16-D nail through a 2 X 4 at 200 yards.

This makes construction a breeze,

You can sit in your lawn chair and build a fence.

Just get your wife to hold the fence boards in place while you sit back, relax with a cold drink and when she has the board in the right place, just fire away.

With the hundred round magazine, you can build the fence with a minimum of reloading.

After a day of fence building with the new DeWalt Rapid fire nail gun, the wife will not ask you build or fix anything else again.

dewalt.JPG

Back