New Seat

• Thread starter Sam Elkins [URL]http://www.kwikdrop.com/[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not-adjustable and about 8 times the cost of the pole? Nah... I also have this fear that since you just pull up on it to drop it back down, when fishing one of those days when you shouldn't be, a big wave hits, you got up a little, and the seat flattens to the floor. Not that I'm saying it DOES happen, just looks like it could "release" on you.

Funny your should ask Sam, I have some info on this new

KwikDrop pedestal. I am the inventor and patent holder.

I developed it because I simply got tired of removing that

stick when I run or trying to look around it. I have 2 on

my Pro 175. We sold the first 50 at the St. Louis Boat Show

and nothing but positive feedback. Some people came back for a second one for the back of their boat. Most people

says it makes their boats look "high tech". It meets all requirement of NBYC for "Class B" pedestals and you'll see it at major retail distributors in Spring 2005.

It does cost more but once you use one you'll never go back

to the old way!!! Call me for more information, they can be

purchased directly from us and yes (MoneyBack Guarantee)

Orville Welker
http://www.kwikdrop.com

Mike, The device looks simple but uses a sycronized gear

to lock. Weight must be off and device has to be pulled

straight up very quickly or it will not release.

If you do see such a wave, unless you have a Class A

pedestal bolted securely in place, and even then chances are

you will be airborn and the best you can hope for would be

a soft landing, probably somewhere in water.

Yes it is pricier that a stick pedestal but if you ever use

one, you'll be convinced it makes a day on your favorite fishing hole so much more enjoyable.

Orville

Without height adjustability, I can't see owning one for the front of my boat. For the rear, the quick drop feature isn't that compelling. Don't get me wrong, I wish you the best of luck.

Mike I wish we could make it adjustable but it would really

complicate the design and drive up cost.

When I access my batteries (back seat)to charge after a trip I simply lift up the seat and its out of my way. I used to roll it all over the deck because its in the way no matter where you put it. Not to mention grease from post would get on my carpet.

Thanks for looking I appreciate the feedback.

Orville

Alot of people make the mistake of greasing the pedestol hole but actually there is a nylon bushing in the hole and should never be lubricated with any petro based product.Just keep both the hole and post clean and you should'nt have a problem with installing/removing it.

I know your're right, but most people do resort to greasing

to stop annoying squeaks.

I use a touch of Reese's teflon ball lube on mine.

Orv

I had a feeling that might be a mistake!!

Do I want to hear about this?

Somethings are better left alone!

Orv

That's right you leave my ball lubricating to my own time and place... And, you definitely don't want to become involved in any discussion(s)of: (1) Jacknuts, (2) black flies, (3) flatulence and fire, (4) pink undies or (5) snow dancing... (And, since the wedding is off between Mac and Mini... but it is still a sore subject don't mention that to either one of them!)

I had forgotton about that post.

I think I laughed even harder as I read it this time.

I had forgotten about the Mini/Mac "I thought you two were a couple"

LMJNO!!!

Back