New Ride

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Sorry for the small pix's...I used my daughters digital camera and I didn't want to mess up her settings!! (and she wasn't home to do it for me!!..LOL)

2005Z20.jpg

2005Z20a.jpg

2005Z20b.jpg

2005Z20c.jpg

2005Z20d.jpg

Nice ......Very Nice!

Have you owned any other Rangers? I'm curious to know if the new Z is much different from the 5 series in fishability, ride, speed etc. Saw one at the local boat show this winter and was impressed. Have fun with it

PC

SWEET!!!!

When do I get to fish out of it??? LOL!!

Bob G.

Nice rigging.....pictures ont do her justice. Some of the best colors I have seen on a Z.

:)

Mini

I don't know Mac, that looks like too much boat for an old guy. Just cause I like you...I'll let you take my 50 horse PT185 with the REVOLUTION HULL to learn on, and I'll look after that old Ranger for you...just cause I like you, ya understand.

;)Harpo

Thanks guys,...yeah,..Mini's right,...it's even purrtier in person!!

PC,...this is my 3rd Ranger. I've had 2 other 520's and all 3 of them have been outstanding!

I'm a little over 1/2 way into my break-in period for this motor and we've had it up to @ 67-68mph(GPS) and that was in a 1-foot chop....accd'g to the tech's at the plant it should run between 68-70 with a 10" jack plate and they are sending one up for me! My other 2 520's didn't have plates either and they both ran in the hi 60's too. I really like the leg room (taller console) on this Z vs. the 520's, and tilt steering on this Z is NOT required,...ergonomically, the dash and instruments are really nice and easy to see. I especially like the guages within gauges,..very cool. Storage is virtually the same except the frt center storage on the 520 was a little longer or deeper if you will. It ran under and past the butt seat pole and in the Z, it stops right at the pole,.....regardless, I still have PLENTY of room!! The latches on the z's lids are adjustable, and once we got the tension set on them,..they work great!! The really sweet thing about the Z's is the extra padding on the frt casting deck...it's like standing on your living room carpet!! That'll make a huge difference over an 8 hour tournament!! I was blown away by the 520's ability to turn sharp and fast without blowing the prop out, and the Z's can turn even sharper!! It's unbelievable. The hole shot is great too....the bow never rises above my line of sight and I can put it on plane in less than 4 secs. It's up and gone!

There is one thing I DON'T like on the Z though,..and that is the passengers grab handle!

It's uncomfortable to hold onto...it has a sharp angle on it and it's designed more for looks than for function and IMO, it should be a more rounded design with padding. Lastly, the SRS seats in the Comanche's are just plain NIIIICE!! Man they are the best bass boat seats in the industry,....they make a world of difference in rough water!! The also have the center seat in the Z's with the internal springs and a higher back rest (it folds down like the 520's for a step platform),...my 3rd passenger this year will have a MUCH better ride vs. last year!! Overall, I am very very pleased with it,.....it'll be easy to sell and it performs like a bass boat should!

(Mini's got very high expectations and standards when it comes to bass boats,...and he's been very impressed so far too....he really likes this one!!) I hope I answered your questions,....and if you get a chance to drive one...do it. Be sure to crank that wheel and hammer it,....you'll experience a real "WOW factor!!"..LOL

Carry on,

Mac

Did you get that other roll of film developed?

Mini

You dont have to do that dummy....you have a scanner. You know I like the electronic versions :)

Mini

Thats Pretty......Mine Is the same colors..........Have fun...JR

Saaaaweet Dude!!!!!:D

I wanna' bust a big ol' brown fish outta' that boat and give it some Mojo:p

I'm not getting the 4x6 glossy's for YOU Mini!!!..They're for MY photo albums!! DUMMY!!! LOL

I've had 3 people ask about it,..but nothing solid yet.....the deal's the same as always..."what I will owe on it is what I want for it!!"..LOL

The buyer will save thou$and$!!

Nice Ride Mac! I expect a ride if I ever get up to your neck of the woods!

Rich D

It's almost as nice lookin' as you, Mac.:wub:

Mac - How in the world do you have ANY idea what the Passenger Grab Handle feels like?? DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!! And let Mini hold on!!! LOL

It looks great, Is still like the S&T wrap better!

In one light it looked to be blue and in another it look to have a shot of teal or green. That is nice. I love those colors. I know the ride has got to be out of this world. Clark

Back