New Personal Best

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Schram

Reaction score
Well this past Saturday I topped my personal best, Caught a 8.34lbs with only 35 min. left in a tournament. It was enough to win big fish and the thournament (along with the dinks we had in the live well) all in one, plus this win moved me and my partner into 10th place in the standing and will put us in the classic for the trail that we fish. talk about an awsome day that had to be it. I was so stoked after that fish was in the net I'll bet people thought I was Ike out on that water. I caught her on a watermelon/chartruse Senko, rigged wacky style with no weight in about 12 feet of water, I casted out and let it sink to the bottom, picked it up 1 time and let it fall again and she nailed itand the rest is history now. I did turn her back out (To fight another day) after the weigh in and after a few pictures and a good measure so I can get a repleca made.

Oh almost forgot personal best before this was 7.52lbs

Now that's the way you like to have it happen:D

Congrats and let us see your replica when it's done:)

Do alot of people use a wacky rig in that deep of water? It just seems like it takes sooooooooooooooo long for it to hit bottom.

AWESOME!

I topped my best this spring...

It's a great feeling...

Watching them swim away is great too!

az

Alex, Thats what I wanted was a real slow fall, it has been real hot this year and water temp was way up, so I slowed way down looking for a quality bite VS the dinks that were schooling and hitting spoons and fast moving baits. also the senko sinks faster than say a trick worm. I have used this same technique with the trick worm on cold water and post spawn fish where it is hard to get them to hit and chase something.

I do have a little something I do when rigging that adds a slight bit of weight, I tie a good #8 barrel swivel on the line add a split ring to the other end and put the hook on the split ring, makes it hard for the fish to throw the hook and allows me to fish it in tighter coverbecause the hook will roll most of the time and avoid the snag.

Back