New Or Used Boat?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK

Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to purchase my first real boat this year; currently I own a 14-foot scanoe. The other day at the local boat show I went to check out what was out in the market. I came across a nice deep V boat the starcraft D-series 160 with mercury two stroke 40hp and mini kota 40 lb electric bow mounted motor and a fish finder for $10550. But he also has one on his lot that is the exact set-up but it

If it were me (not Stacie) I would at least look at the used boat, ask about warranty, lake test, ect. If it only has 2 seasons on it to me it sounds like a good deal?

BF

Save the money now cause in 1 or 2 years ya gonna wanna up grade again.Boats are like motorcycles,at first they scare ya than become too small real fast.Before ya know it your in a 19-20 ft with 225 and lookin to go faster.

If I found the same boat used at half the price with the same stuff I wanted on it, I would buy it. It just so happends that I can't, so I'm buyin' new.

5 grand is a lot for piece of mind. The cost of an extended warranty isn't as bad.

thanks guys

I am just worried about what could go wrong and what issues to look for when buying a tin boat. I don't want to drop 5000 grand and then sink another two in the motor. Where can I buy an extended warranty on a mercury motor?

i would buy the used one. If you are taking a loan the total cost over the life of the loan will be much greater the the 5k you are looking at now.

I went thru the same dilemma when i got my 882 they had all the new ones i would have ever wanted or a 2 year old one with low hours. I got the used one mainly due to the cost. Sure i wanted new but the thousands upfront and thousands extra in intrest are a big price to pay to choose the colors.

Back