New Nitro Z9 Tops At 71.5 MPH!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is very interesting chart. Good fuel economy numbers for a big boat at 3500-4000, with speed there if you need it. I can tell a big difference in fuel use in my li'l ole 750DC too when I get to the higher RPM's.

It better do more than that if my old 2000 929, loaded to the gills with gear and clients and a puny 225 efi with a 4 blade can do 68 all day long. There's some tweakin left to do on that rig fer sure.

TOXIC

I agree with tox, I was in Big Dan J's 929 with a 250XS and we hit 76.8mph YES over 76mph on the GPS one COLD March AM!! I figure the Z9 is a bit heavier (without the Fusion hull) then the 929??

there definitely ought to be more speed in that rig.

my 911 is probably heavier, with a heavier verado, and

i can get 73 on gps.... that boat has to be faster than mine...

What was the speed once they got to the ramp and took it off the trailer? :lol:

Sorry guys... couldn't resist. :p

All the best,

Glenn

I know Dave.... but it's still a good 'un, ain't it? :lol:

Speed = the reason that most of us run right past plenty of good fish. :lol::lol::lol:

Best I've ever done in tournaments (wins):

Perquimmans River, NC - 5 minutes from ramp

Nottoway River, VA - 5 minutes from ramp

Roanoke Rapids, NC - used the trolling motor to get to my spot

Chickahominy River, VA - 3 minutes from ramp

Some stats, huh? I'm thinking of taking the 225 off the back and just strapping a couple of Minn Kota Maxxums in a row on the transom. :lol: I'd be "unstoppable" (in my own mind anyway!).

All the best,

Glenn

The fusion hulls are supposed to be lighter, but more importantly consistant. Weight wise, boat to boat is "supposed" to be prett darn equal.

I didnt beleive those test numbers either. Heck the last 911 I had (2001) would do 70mph with a 225Opti and a 25" 3 blade.

The test boat definately needed to be tweaked. I talked to Matt Reed (we were working the grand opening in Garland) and he said he could get 76 with throttle left w a 250xs....set up is paramount for performance.

Latest posts

Back