NEW NITRO Z-9

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffrey murray

Reaction score
the new Z-9 is the new 929 for 07 new look and new shape, lighter and faster than before, also new trailer and wheels / fenders.

the pictures will be coming so I'll try to post. This is from my friend at the dealer meeting, they said it was keep under wraps and they pulled the curtain today.:D

don't tease us - WE WANT PICS!!!

not a member on the other board so I can't post there, but if high 70's with a 250, it should be a low to mid 70's with the 225?:cool:

I hope they didn't change the storage layout to much.

hurry with details

I'm in the dark until I see the photos, however its totally new and should stay the same as far as storage layout. I'm selling my 06 w/ 250XS anyway I was going to order my next team boat. I see 73-74 loaded (heavy loaded) so Its quick. I can go light and see 76+ but thats real light.

Guys / Gals,

Not trying to start any trouble here, so please don't take it that way. This is just an observation.

This past year (06), Nitro came out with the 482 and 591. I thought "odd.... they went from 700 series / 800 series / 900 series, and went the other direction in numbers - a four series, and a five series. The 482 and 519 (591 for Nitro, I know) were Ranger model numbers in the past.

This year, Nitro comes out with a "Z" series boat.... Hmmmm.... is there some Ranger influence somewhere in the decision making process on the boat namings, or is this just a coincidence?

Just a thought. Please - don't anyone get their feathers ruffled. I'm not a Ranger owner, and all this may be pure coincidence. It just struck me odd.

I'm anxious to see what this new Z series boat looks like also. When pics are available, please post!

All the best,

Glenn

You know, I've ridden in KB's 929. Very nice ride, well layed out. I would hope that they didn't make a ton of changes, but instead, just improved on the current design.

I'd like to see a 3 spoke uni-distant steering wheel, instead of the current offering that gets away from "centered" after a few turns of the SeaStar steering - they may have already taken care of that.

I saw they changed the front trolling motor recess to accept Minn Kota foot pedals this year, which I thought was a huge step in the right direction.

I would think the boat may balance out a bit better with the gas tank set a bit more forward, maybe partially under the seat, but that's just a personal preference - others may not agree.

I'd also like to see some different dash trim options. Maybe some thicker trim pieces, and possibly even burlwood trim like some of the other manufacturers are currently offering. I like that a lot better than the plain black or carbon fiber look.

Nothing wrong with the current Nitro stripe, but if you're going to go with a "Z" series designation, I would like to see a updated, more jazzy version of the side stripes.

Looking forward to seeing it.

All the best,

Glenn

Back