New MN state record bass

• Thread starter Alex Peterson [URL]http://www.startribune.com/stor
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful fish. Just think how old that fish must be, considering the slow growing season in that climate.

Harpo

Alex ,

Thanks for this post otherwise I would have missed it. When people think of Minnesota I think they tend to think Muskie or walleye . Don't get me wrong ,this is a great state for both ,but the majority of people that live here fish only for these two species.

the truth of the matter is that we also have some of the best bass fishing as a result.Just look at Lake Minntonka, It's well known nationally as an excellent bass fishery.

Truth be told there are many,many great bass lakes in MN. Not to mention all of the tackle companies that are based out of Minnesota,

We have the FLW in part ran out of Minneapolis, We have Erwin Jacob's and his many different Bass boat companies. Yet we are constantly over looked buy The FLW,EVERSTART ,BFL,

Anyone that can offer any insight please do.

Thanks,

GROSS:D

Gross, I agree with you 100%. I have no idea why we are overlooked, but I agree that we definitely are. I guess thats fine with me, more fish for me to catch :)

If you dont' mind me asking, what are your favorite lakes to fish around the cities? I see you live in Woodbury. I usually don't venture to the east side of the metro since I live in Plymouth. Lake Waconia has been my best lake this year, got a few five+ lb'ers and a good amount of 4+ fish. Its not too far from where that record was just caught. I also fish alot in the Brainerd area since I have a cabin in Pine River.

Do you fish any clubs around here?

Here is a good site with lots of info on MN lakes that I frequently visit.

www.fishingmn.com

If my map is right this lake is just south by a few miles from where my sister lives. I will have to look it up on the map book she gave me last year. I have probably driven past it for years thinking it would be a great spot, but never tried it. I know where Me and another million anglers will be next year....

Back