New Member, New Boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tooltime Tim

Reaction score
I have been watching the board for about a month. Love it. My new boat a 901 Nitro should be rigged and ready to go this weekend, if not i've been working on this for a long time and will suffer another week. My question is : I have a 2001 Ford Ranger crew cab with the standard flat 4 plug on the back, the trailer is a dual wheel with single axle brakes, do I need to modify the truck to operate the breaks. Thanks in advance Tim.

Welcome Tim.... Nice boat.. I just sold one!!

Post pic's when you get some

The boat trailer should have a flat five on it..

You can hook up the back up light wire ( should be brown) and run it to the last open male on the trailer!!

i ran that set up for two years with no problems!

Again welcome and come back often

Thanks for the Brown wire info. it helps alot.

Do I cut back the tubing on my truck harnass and cut the brown wire and make a T with a male plug for the other end that I plug in seperately. Do they make a plug that I can put permanently on the truck?

I've never been able to find a flat five.... maybe somebody knows where to get one!!!

thats how i connected mine and used a butt splice for the trailer end

Welcome, you should get one with the trailer at least I did with my Champion. I don't need it if you do? On the Ford the back-up light wire is pink? (at least on my F150)you are better off changeing to the flat five for ease of use (my opinion) you can use a trailer with a flat four still it just won't use the last pain.

BF

Hey tool time ,i got my 5 wire flat from bass pros.Id get the proper harness before i went cutting and spliceing.by the way incase they didnt tell ya ,your lights got to be on to disable the brake actuator,lol,i found out the hard way,lol.

Pat is correct (as usual)! Yesterday I was standing at the service/parts counter of the local marine dealer & the guy in front of me needed to switch his "big round thingy to a small flat thingy".. his words exactly!.. I almost died laughing watching the service tech holding back the laughter! translation, 7 wire RV plug to a 5 wire flat, they sold him an adapter....

Back