New Line of Boats from Skeeter

• Thread starter Michael S [URL]http://www.bassfan.com/news_articl
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pat... The locks are like air brakes... If you loose power the locks are "open"... However, I am also sure there is a "key" system. However, I do agree... KISS or be prepared for a lot of customer srevice. But, gizmos sell...

Sounds like that many more things to fail or break to me. I like keeping it simple. That's why on any new Ranger I order, it will have a keyed ignition, not the keyless. When electrical things start to break, everything goes haywire.

Imagine those electroncially controlled locking compartments when your system dies. You CAN'T get to your gear to swap into another boat unless you're willing to destroy the locks and/or lids. Not too bright in my opinion, unless they have a manual override.

I haven't read the article completely, but I would assume Skeeter will have a back up/manual override or hard key ??

Not ALL bass fisherman there Pat. For me, it's only if there is a real and definate advantage to owning it and it has been proven on the market.

On the contrary, I think most tourney anglers want reliability first and gimmicks after that. I think the fishing market is subject to buy the latest and greatest. Hence the Helicopter lure, Banjo Minnow, etc.

I think that is why you see Minn Kota Maxxums on tour boats and hardly any pros have Genesis or Autopilot motors. Those are purchased largely in part by the weekend angler market. Tourney bass anglers want simple and reliable equipment. But hey, if it can be those AND faster, stronger, lighter, have more power, or give us some tangible advantage...bring it on!!!:D

Time will tell on the I boat. At least it will make next years boat shows interesting.

The boat may fit in the garage but i'm sure the pallets of cash it will costs won't

You see a lot of Auto Pilots on Pro Walleye Boats... It is a great toll for trolling

Is it just me or are there no actual pictures of this new boat on the skeeter website, just a bunch of tiny images in the skeetericlass.com web site that don't really show you any detail...

Seems to me if they wanted me to get excited by a new boat, they'd actually show me it...

david

David,

They said they won't release full pictures until after their annual dealer meeting next month. Ranger did the same thing with the Z series. It's old fashioned marketing.

Back