New Custom Rods

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMES MOORE

Reaction score
Just ordered two new custom made rods from Damon Rods here in Upstate N.Y.(http://www.damonrods.com/) Picked out everything from the blanks to the eyes to the grips and handles. One will be a 7 ft. flipping stick, fast tip with lots of back bone and second rod 5ft. very fast tip, medium action with a little more backbone for skipping tubes under docks. Custom design with my name engraved, $150.00 a each.

I'll be in the dog house for weeks when my wife finds out..

150 bucks sounds like a heck of a deal. Your wife should be happy you didn't spend $400 each. Tell her they were on sale for 50?% discount. Women love a deal.

Harpo

Bring 'em out to Champlain next month so we can have another "Dueling rods" day. Castaway vs Damon. R83 vs Avalanche. LOL It was a toad catching frenzy! This year is looking to be even better. HIGH water! Lots of flooded timber.

I'll be there. My first tournament for the year is out of Chazey the 12th of June. Want to pre fish before then.

You can crash at my place to prefish and for the tourney. I'm only 5 minutes from the ramp. The river is front of my house. If not for the dam, you could run all the way down from my house.....Damn dam! LOL

Rob,

Castaways???? Gee I thought you belived in this country...lol

Mini

Gee Mini, I thought Texas WAS in the USA??? Components are made in the same places as All Star. And I think All Star uses FUJI guides also don't they???

And I buy American whenever possible, AS LONG AS the product meets my requirements. Which is why I use Daiwa reels and not Quantum.

Just ask em where they get their blanks.....

They used to make a good rod, when they bought their blanks from us!

BTW we only use Fuji components on SOME of the Saltwarer rods....the rest are from the US of A.

You know I am just razzing you right Rob? BTW are they wanting you to send your rods back after your done using them?

Mini

Doh....the sting of truth! LOL

Mini, no they're mine. You ought to check out our new 6'9" dropshot rod. MAN is that sweet. Put a new Daiwa on it and some 8lb nylon copolymer......smallies beware!

Yes it is Mike....from a US supplier of cork. If he imports it thats him, not us.

I dont need to see any more Castaways. I usually can see enough of them when I "help" a customer make the right decision at shows...lol

I heard that Castaway is starting that program with the Pro Staff. It keeps the dealers happy.

Mini

Back