New Cat

• Thread starter Kevin Kern [URL]http://photobucket.com/albums/f79
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Kern

Reaction score
I drove down to Mountain Home, Arkansas and picked up my new boat a couple of weeks ago and I am chomping at the bit to get her out. I have not put the windshields on it yet and I have some more electronics (Quartz Clock, Compass, CD Player, Fishfinder for bow, KEELSHIELD etc....). By the way.....I still have my 2000 Nitro NX882:D
http://photobucket.com/albums/f79/bassinboy104/?action=view&current=Lake3.jpg

Nice looking boat! Congrats!

All the best,

Glenn

Nice looking rig! Looks fast just sitting on the trailer :)

Nice looking Kitty, looks like she'll fly!

So you still got the 882, did you sell the 170? And I just gotta ask, 'cause i'm jealous - why and how 2 or 3 bassboats???

Technical I can say I have 2 in my garage (my 700 and Dan's 640), but that doesn't count!!

TrepMan,

I still have the 2000 NX882 and I sold the 1994 DC170 a year and a half ago to a guy in Wisconsin. I will probably part with the NX882 after the water levels are back up or when my plates expire in June of this year.:D

I really liked both my Nitro bass boats but I did not like the customer service I received and that is the reason I made the switch. I looked at all the boat lines before getting a kitty. It is about the same size as my NX882, I think it is 18' 1" with a 93" beam, it is lighter, faster and has a hull design that is shaped significantly different than my Nitros. I am not sure what the draft will be on this boat, but I am hoping I can still traverse the shallows like I do in my NX882.:unsure:

I added about $3k in options on this boat to make it in my opinion really comfortable to fish from. The flippin deck extension makes the front deck really a nice sized deck for an 18' boat. I got the digital, variable speed trolling motor, hydraulic steering and I got the dual console to keep my dad warm on those cool mornings.:rolleyes:

How do you like your boat? How have your customer experiences been with your boat(s)?

Kevin

bassinboy

Kevin - Great looking boat and now it makes sense you'll sell the 882, didin't know if you and the wife Raced to the fishing holes and you need 2!!! LOL

How do you like your boat? How have your customer experiences been with your boat(s)?

Funny you should ask 'cause my experience was very opposite you yours which is one of the reasons I bought the '99 Nitro from Rich. Long story short my 2000 Pro Crappie 175 was my first real boat (had an inflatable, 12ft semi-v and 14 ft jonboat before the Tracker), and picked the Tracker primarily due to the fact in 2000 there was no other boat on the market like it and it fit my needs perfectly. The 2nd factor was the fixed pricing, I priced at dealers and 2 boat shows other models (Crestliner, G3, Xpress, Lowe...) and could not get a straight price answer other then "what do you want your payments to be" and "it depends on which options", so the Tracker fit perfectly. 5.5 years later i had never used the extended warranty I purchased, the boat ran flawlessly, service at Atlanta BPS/Tracker was better, faster and more responsive then ANY car dealer I have ever been to (honda, mazda, ford, saturn, chevy) in 4 different states over 20 years. So when I decided I wanted to look for a used bass boat, Nitro/Tracker was #1 on my list. Since I bought a 6 yearold boat i'll not be needing warranty work, and have found a great local non-nitro Mercury (ranger/stratos) dealer who so far has matched Atlanta BPS for my needs.

Enjoy the kitty and let's see some pics when she's out on the water and fishing!

Nice lookin' boat, Kevin. You're going to love fishing from this boat, not to mention the ride. I see you put on the flippin' deck. Smart move. I put one on my Classic and put an enclosure on the front for one humongous storage box.

Rick from Lafayette,

Can you provide me with some of the details of your enclosure. I had thought about doing something with this area as well.

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,

If you go to the Bass Cat Owners message board, someone posted pictures of my project. I don't remember the exact date but you might have to go back several pages. I remember it being in reply to another fellow that bought a Sabre like yours.

If I get time later I'll try to find it.

Back