New Carpet

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
The carpet in my TV18 is beginning to show it's age, so I may be tackling the job of recarpeting soon. I would like to match the color thats in there now, however the service center in my area has been less than helpful with the information I need. For those that may have done this to their Tracker, and replaced with the same color, what the heck color is it...?

Smitty I didn't recarpet mine as it is only two years old but I did replace the center seat with a carpeted step. One of the best things I have done to her. I went to my marina and they had a piece of exact match and gave it to me, about 3 feet square. I am sure they wouldn't ahve given me enough to do the whole thing but I can't see why a call to Tracker Marine in Kearney wouldn't get your answer. By the way I would be interested in seeing some pics of the install, suggestions and the finished product. I am sure I will have to do mine in a few years. What year is your boat?

Randy!

It's an '01 TV-18. The carpet started coming up in places a couple seasons ago, apparently the glue failed in spots. I filled a meat injector with contact cement and fixed those areas, and it has held great. It's all just getting a little worn now, so I figured a whole replacement was in order. I'm still debating including the interior sides though, those areas still look pristine. If I can get the factory carpet, I'm going to compare it to the current sides that are in the boat, if it hasn't faded too badly, I may just leave those. As it stands now, the sides look darker than the deck, so maybe I'll luck out, that would really cut down on the job.

Smitty,

If you get an answer to your question that you like, and find a source of carpet that will match, please let me know. My '01 is ready for the same restorative work and I want to be able to match the carpet as well.

MO

I made a deck insert when I had my Nitro and just ordered the carpet from Tracker Marine. Took about a week to get here. That was a loooong time ago but that would be the first place i'd try.

fatrap

I did the same thing as fatrap about 4 years ago to cover the speaker boxes I made. I believe Craig was still there at that time though. I haven't had to deal with them since he left.

Gene

Smitty & MO

Give Marine USA a call (508-791-7116), they carry a stock of carpet and may have something. They ordered me some for my 2000 TV-18 when I made my deck extension a few years ago and it was an exact match.

Let me know if you need anything else

If you're going to do it, upgrade to a quality 16oz. carpet at minimum. You'll love a good quality 24oz. or heavier weave at pennies difference on a whole job in comparison. Your feet and back will thank you, especially 10 years from now when it's still holding up. A local large carpet shop should have bolts of what you want in outdoor marine grade weights readily available. Look, touch, and feel the difference before ordering an unknown sku# of identical minimal comfort carpet. Just a word to the wise..... ;)

Latest posts

Back