New Boat - Keel Guard

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Lambeth

Reaction score
I sold the Nitro 882 a couple months ago after 6 good years of service. I sold it to upgrade to something bigger for the big water around here in MI.

Below are pics of the new rig. So far, it runs great and the only concern I have is that it looks it's peeling off in sections. Is there any type of adhesive that I can use to secure it better? I'd take it back to the dealer I bought it from, but it's a 2.5 hour drive.

Triton 3.jpg

Re-attaching them is problematic. KeelShield used to sponsor here, I don't know if they still do since I don't have my Sponsor tag anymore. But......My advise would be to remove it and replace with a KeelShield that has a lifetime guarantee. If you decide to go that route email me and I will get you special pricing.

TOXIC

If it is the Keel Guard Brand, I would go to the website and check it out. they are supposed to have a hassle free lifetime warranty to work and stay on. they are too expensive to just throw a good one away because it is coming off. I am sure you can get an installation kit to reapply. There are installation instructions on the website.

I installed the one on my Nitro myself and never had any issues. I think it has to do with the way it was installed by the dealer.

Dave who made the shield, the main manufacturers are

1. KeelShield

2. Megaware KeelGuard

3. Hamby's Light Duty

I think there might be 1 more and I am having a brain cramp oh yeah, it is a Pro Tech I think. Once I know who made it, I can get you to the right people.

TOXIC

Toxic,

It's a megaware KeelGuard. There is a section about 6 inches long on the port side that is hanging a little bit.

Thanks

You need to contact Roger Sutterfield of Hamby's(Hamby's was purchased by Megaware)) over on the BBC. There should be a warranty on that one.

TOXIC

I have a light duty Hamby's and my model year is NOT covered under their warranty..I would NOT recomend using them if you have to get another one. When the POS I have stuck on my boat gets ripped off, I plan on going with a good one from Keel Shield.

Back