New Boat Info

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cq

Reaction score
I read a lot of post where people with a new boat are always asking "What is this?". My Dealer would not let me out, until I understood every switch and operation.

Are these boats being sold and just pushed out the door?

It seems that is what happened to me. BPS told me it would take up to 3 hours to pick up my boat because they would go over everything on it. Turns out it took about 15 minutes because I said I had been around boats before. Everyone knows every boat is different but my suggestion would be to go to a dealer you can trust and not one that will gladly take your money and say "have fun."

My dealer did same thing, the salesman must have spent 60 minutes going over the boat with me,, even after I informed him this was not my first bass boat or first Nitro. Its good to see some dealers focusing on customer service and not just getting the boat off the floor plan...

More about dollars than sense I guess.

I spent about an hour going through everything on the boat with the guy when I bought mine in 2000 at BPS. They showed me everything whether I said I knew about it or not. This was the BPS in Lauderdale, but there's a whole new crew there now and haven't bought a new boat since 2000. :(

Maybe sometime soon!

I told my dealer that it wasn't my first boat and he said he would rather spend that hour going over everything, than me having issues on the water. I am glad he did.

Rich D

The first time I tried to use my livewells on my 901, I couldn't figure out how they worked. My dealer didn't show me anything about them. Through this site, I went to the Flow-Rite site and learned how to use the valves.

RoyC

When I purchased my new 901 CDX in Jan. 04 The salesman went through the whole boat with me in about an hour. I am glad he did even though this is my 5th Bass boat.

Back