New boat had it's first voyage today

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

al cannia

Reaction score
Really had to choke it to get it to start, after that and the engine warmed up a little we were cruising around just fine. Weather was a little chilly, 45* and 30-35 mph north winds. Never went over 4000 rpm like I was instructed and only had one incident of porpoiseing,trimmed the motor some and it was fine.Did a little fishing but mainly was trying to break in the new motor.What a fun boat, just need some warmer weather a little less wind and more practice on the trolling motor,haha.

Well what boat model is this you purchased? Go on... brag a little...you deserve it!

04 NX750 w/Merc115,had them upgrade the TM to a 67lb 24v and install extra battery for it.Not quite sure if I like the Lowrance x47, had to turn the sensitivity up to get real defined arches, when I did the screen got real dark, need to play around with it some more.Had them install a Zercom flasher in the bow front panel, it fits flush, out of the way and is easy to read.When you are dead still and throttle the boat it comes up like a rocket, and thats with me(200lb), wife(130lb) half my rods all my tackle(but forgot my soft plastics bag Grrr!) And a half full tank of gas, we'll see how it does next week when loaded a little heavier when my fishn bud can go he's about 250lb and has more gear.

You're gonna love that boat and motor, Al!

Assuming the motor is carbed..... It'll start a LOT more quickly when cold if you be sure to have it trimmed so it is verticle/no tilt.

Back