never sink again

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BRUCE W VALLONE

Reaction score
Broose aka gilligan here. Appears that my boat's dunking injured only my pride. I found rule makes a direct replacement 500 gph auto bilge pump. The pump needs an "on off on" rocker switch, just like the lighting switch, so it'll function auto, off or manual. Has anyone done this before? i ordered the switch, and am planning to install it next week. think it'll work?

Depends....If I am not mistaken the auto function on my 929 is like 3 minutes on, 3 off. To be truly "auto" there needs to be a sensor in the bilge that kicks it on when it detects a certain level of water.

TOXIC

You'll need either an automatic bilge pump or a float switch to tell the non-automatic pump that there is an over abundance of H2O in palces where you don't want it.

The water seperator filter looks straight forward enough until you try to find a place to put it and then get your big ol' Popeye forearms down in there to install it. I did it but it was definatly an easy job made more difficult by no working room.

Good luck!!

Harpo

i added a float switch to mine and wired it to activate when i turn the bilge switch on. It has been a blessing when on a trip where i leave my boat in the water overnight and it rains. when the water level reaches 1 1/2 inches it activates and pumps it out then turns itself off. Its the best mod i have done to my boat for 10 bucks.

mike

On mine the float is built into the pump and it will come on when the water level trips the switch or I can run it manualy.

BF

P.S I wired the auto side direct to the battery so if rain or what ever fills the bilge it will kick on. I leave the plug out when the boat is in the yard so I have had no problems with it sticking and killing the battery.

Harpo...

"popeye arms"? Did you confuse Popeye with the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man again? :) Please understand that I've "never" been called "stay puft", so I'm only guessing ... bwahahaha

Before we got married my wife told me she wanted a man with washboard abs.....I thought she said washtub a$$.

Hey when your working down inside the back hatch you curse every curl you ever did.

Harpo

Back