Need some help....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
I made a deck extension for my 185 and need to attach some straps now to open the compartments. Any idea on what material to use and how to attach it?

I think I can attach it right to the locks with a big washer underneath...maybe.

I don't want to cut the lids for the finger handles.

Thanx in advance...

Tee,

On my rear deck, I used strap material from an outdoor hiking store. They sell it in bulk to make cinch straps, etc. Simply cut to length, heat sear ends and I used the grommet type screws and washers that held the old ones on. Worked like a charm and VERY durable.

TOXIC

I second the motion by TOXIC, got some straps from a military surplus store and had them sew em' into loops in the length I needed so I could grab em' real easy and attached em' just like TOXIC said, that was four years ago and they still look like they did the day I installed them. Plus, you can usually get the strapping in a color to match your carpet.

Jim

BassPro parts dept can sell you replacements that are already stitched into loops with the grommets already pressed in for about $2 bucks each...

I did the same that Tox desribes on my first bass boat (1989 Winner 1790 Tournament). Worked like a charm, but if BPS has em already made....

Hmmmm...I'll head down Saturday to BPS and check em out. Gotta get a few more gallons of oil for $14.99 @ gallon anyway;)

Tee, I think this is the parts dept not the Pro Shop. The straps on my 750 looked pretty crappy so I replaced them, took maybe 10 minutes. I bought them from Bass Pro Service Center. I don't think the Pro Shop will have these. I'm REALLY lucky to have this down the street from me.

I did exactly what Tox did when aqll the straps on my 882 wore out over the years. I went to a fabroc store and got a couple feet of webbing for like $2 and went at it.

Got mine at the Parts counter in boat sales here in Atlanta...

HA! I think I found something I had at home;)

Actually Kim come up with the idea of using the strap off a leather fanny pack . Somehow over the years of buying stuff at garage sales managed to acquire about 4 of them.

So one will be scarificed:D

My Aunt has a nice sewing machine that I can get to stitch the loop.

Thanx for the ideas guys...YOU ROCK!

Latest posts

Back