Need some help shipping an item

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Becker

Reaction score
I am buying a trolling motor from Teri C. and at the local UPS store they said the cost to ship this size item would be around $100. I know the folks on e-bay ship trolling motors for around 20 to 40 bucks. BPS ships these all the time. How do we get this shipped to me for less than $100? Any ideas? Any thoughts will be appreciated. Thanks. Beck

Ship them FedEx Ground much cheaper. UPS charges that rate because the size and shape. I shipped one FedEx Ground about a month ago for around $25, insurance on it as well. Make sure you don't use duct tape or FedEx will make you remove it, packaging tape only.

Where do I find a box to pack it in? or suggestions on packing?

Teri, Ask at your local boat dealer if they have an empty trolling motor box, they will probably give it to you if they do.

Teri / Beck,

Look for a trolling motor shop around you. Most of them sell as well as repair. Ask them if they have a shipping box for one that is similar, and while you are there, ask them if they would mind shipping it from their business.

All the best,

Glenn

No matter who you ship with ENSURE that is it over packed. if there is any damage to the TM, they will try and weasel out by saying you did not pack it well.

If you take it to the local mail and more you can have them pack it and they assume liabilty for the condition when shipped and if it is damaged in shipment from lack of packing.

You will pay more for the service to have them pack and ship, but you are coverd a bit better.

Beware the UPS store...any questions please send me an email

I just got mine from Tracker Oklahoma to Virginia), $42.00 Fed-X. Bought Thursday delivered Saturday. It was packed in the original box with styrofoam molded inserts for the head and the foot nothing in between, nothing securing the peddle either. Take the prop off. Mine arrived in perfect shape.

TOXIC

Your post didn't say if you checked a UPS store or taking it to the UPS shipping center. The stores charge a lot more than taking it to UPS directly.

Gene

Latest posts

Back