Need some help finding a couple of things

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#1 ant Nitro dealer should be able to order you one. If you have trouble locally go to www.marineusainc.com, give them a call and talk to parts i know they generally keep them in stock.

#2 Most guys use golf bag tubes for the tip end. My honest opinion is i wouldnt bother with one. I built one for my last boat and while it looked great and functioned well it was cumbersome. I ended up going back to the rod socks i was using before.

I agree with Jim on the tubes. Unless you have a really tall rod locker the rod socks are the way to go. I pull out rods and have it ready to use faster than my partner in his boat and he has the tube system.

Randy!

1) I don't know where to find one with NITRO written on it, but how often do you think people will see the words on it? I'd recommend just going with this type:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_22508_225011000_225000000_225011000_225-11-0

Still looks good, and will meet the function that it is designed to do.

2) I'm with the others on the rod tubes. I've got a very nice looking one that came out of my Triton TR-20 within the first few weeks of ownership. It looks very nice, but I got tired of trying to finesse my rods in and out of the tubes without breaking eyelets. I gave up and now use Stick Jackets - which for me, work the best of any "rod sock" type item on the market. I love these things. Everyone who fishes with me that checks them out eventually gets some themselves.

http://www.stickjacket.com/Web/Home.php

If you still want to build the rod locker thigamabob, I'd go with "Starboard" type material and some of the aforementioned golf bag tubes. I prefer flexible plastics over wood in a boat:

http://www.rivermarinesupply.com/xcart/catalog/product_11845_Taco_Starboard_Marine_Lumber.html

HOWEVER.... if you can find a piece of it big enough, a white plastic cutting board is very similar to the starboard material, and cost a heck of a lot less.

OR... you can just trade me something for the one I took out of my boat and modify it to fit yours. You just have to get past the Triton engraving on the rear part. :p

All the best,

Glenn

#1 No help.

#2 Rod socks, I buy the ones from Academy and also use the lure wraps for baits with hooks. Right now I have 11 or 12 in the box, no problem at all.

I buit mine out of 1/2'' black PVC sheet. Does anyone know where I can get larger diameter tubes? I now have golf tubes that have a 1 1/2'' hole, would prefer a 2'' holes. I dont want to use PVC pipe because it looks ugly,

rodholder.jpg

I just found some 2'' tubes - I will repost when I redrill. I have some 1/2'' black plastic pvc sheet piece $5sf + shipping

I got that 1 from the Tracker Marine store on Ebay about 3 years ago for $14.00.

I raised my motor a couple months ago and got the Notro plate at BPS but you had to go to the boating parts department (Dealer / Boat Sales) area. I think it was $25. It's the same one they use on all the new boats.

Mike

Latest posts

Back