Need info on Canadian Fisheries!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Jones

Reaction score
I need to know if anyone knows of a great lake with lodge that my dad and I can go to in Canada next summer. Smallmouth,walleyes pike lake trout, in that order are what we would like to go after. Not real expensive with decent accomodations. Give us a phone #, website or other ways to find out about hte place if possible.:)

Thanks!

Tom

I have been to Gogama Lodge three times over the years and have had a blast every time.

You can stay at the main lodge and fly out every day to different lakes,or fly out to the outpost camps and get dropped off.

They also have the main lake where the main lodge is that you can fish.

The Harlocks (sp?) really run a first class operation.

Steve
http://gogama.com

This is the place that my in-laws have gone for some 30 years and myself for 3. Great fishing for walleye, pike, smallmouth (although there are REALLY good lakes nearby) but not lake trout. Although I believe that have placed boats at different small lakes in the area that you can ATV to for some wonderful fishing and from what I've heard some HUGE walleye that are all mostly to big to keep. They may be able to put you onto a lake trout lake like that. But, in the three years that I've gone I've seen multiple 10 lb walleye and 20 lb pike caught we we were there and the weather was right. Decent cabins if you get one with a bathroom or pretty nice if you get a new one. I think they are reasonable prices and this is basically the only camp on the lake and it's pretty remote so it is very quite (except when our group is there!)

http://www.cygnetlake.com

It depends where you live - if you are in the midwest, I HIGHLY recommend North shore Lodge on Eagle Lake in ontario - they drive you up in a luxury tour bus, you arrive Sat. morning, with a boat waiting for you, you get bait, 3 square meals per day, a cabin, a boat, and excellent fishing (including all species on your list) for about $650 - $750 for the week - I'd spend that on gas between the truck and the boat alone...

If you book it send me an email, I'll mail you some good spots to fish...

david

I just got back from Paquettes lodge near Chapleau Ontario. The lodge is on Waloon lake, its got a lot of small mouth in it as well as walleye, some pike and good whitefish numbers. down the road about 6 miles is another lake that has lake trout in it. 6 miles the other direction is a lake with good walleye, pike, and whitefish fishing. We limited on everything except lakers.(didn't fish for them) We ate fish everyday we wanted to and even ate (gasp) smallmouth. one day we fried some small walleye, pike and smallmouth, you couldn't tell which fillet's were walleye or bass by taste. Mmmm they were that good.

Gene

Tom - Don't know if it fits your "Not real expensive with decent accomodations." But we've been going to Nestor Falls for 12 years. We tried one "cheaper" place up north of Toronto and were VERY disappointed with them. This place EVEN as a true Fly In has HOT and COLD running WATER in the cabin, including a SHOWER!!!! First rate cabins, AMAZING fishing, choices but they book up fast!! We're going Aug 28 - Sept 3rd this year.

Trep
http://www.nestorfalls.com

Back