need in-put

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ron spezial

Reaction score
I always fish alone, and at times launching and

loading becomes a task. I run a 15 alumn v-hull.

I see in BPS catalog they have roller bunks that

will add toor relace the carpey bunk beds. I'd

like some feed-back regarding this roller system.

I fish a mini boat trail here in Oklahoma. I run a 14 foot Carolina Skiff but used have a 14 foot V-bottom. It had roller bunks, they were a pain to load in the wind. Stay with the carpet bunks and add some guide-ons to the side of the trailer. We all load the boats by our selves except for someone to pull us out. the guide-ons keep the boat strait in the wind and we can do it in record time. also when you load don't get the trailer deep. I use my 9.9 motor to push the boat up on the trailer. Hope this helps

BJ

I don't think roller-bunks are what your lookin' for. You need a small platform(which can be bought or made) which attaches to the front part of the trailer tongue that'll give you some good footing to push it off. The guides are also a good idea for smaller boats...works good on my dad's 14 footer.

My buddy has rolloers and never get it on straight...

TEE

Ron,

Had them on my Pro-Deep V 16 and that boat launched and recovered great. Always did it all myself and besides a very windy day or two, I always got it centered on the bow roller the first time up and didn't have any guide ons. Big help on shallow ramps....

BUT...and this is the reason I won't recomend you get them...the rollers will cause rivets to leak. If your boat has rivets, wherever they rest on one of the rollers, the vibration from running around on rough payment to and from the water will cause those particular rivets to seep. Probably not a problem on all-welded rigs though...

Tough choice.

Good luck.

Tom

My other boat is a 14' alum w/35hp. The boat/motor/trailer are 30 years of swapping...I got a good deal when I bought it, but now understand the importance of boat matching the trailer and motor.

The trailer had carpet bunks...I added 'glide-eze' (?), plastic strips meant to make loading easier...didn't help. I went to rollers which help a lot. Keep in mind that the boat will sit a few inches higher than with bunks. A couple of years ago the lakes near us were way down...at one launch, I had to back up 100' into the water before the boat would float off.

MAN Steve you have one LONG truck "I had to back up 100' into the water before the boat would float off." I know my wife's old Dodge Ram CLub Cab was about 21ft long, but backing 100 feet!!!WOW

:)

Back