Need help with dealer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Hines3

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I just need some advice. My boat has had gel coat problems from day one and now my dealer will not return my calls or emails. I went down there a few months ago and asked the owner about the problem and "he will let me know". My dealer is over an hour away and just running around the corner to him is no option.

If I had it to do all over agian I WOULD NOT purchase a Nitro. I just wish I could get some help.

Let me know your thoughts

Thanks

Chris

Come out with it...Who's the dealer? NTOWS minds wanna know!

Chris, don't bllame the boat because the dealer's a jerk. All new boats to some degree have problems to one extent or the other. It's the dealer that makes the difference. On the left side of this page there is a "Dealer Report Card" where you rate the dealer. It would help a lot of potential buyers from maybe being hurt like you were if you'd fill it out.

I hope wish you luck with your problem Chris.

Bill

Chris,

This is not an easy issue to discuss, but I'll give it a stab. Being on the other side of the counter can lend a different prespective.

Boats, especially fiberglass boats are not indestructable. Stumps, docks, and big waves can and will damage gel coat.

By no means am I saying this is your case, but...

I've had guys come in ranting about their "defective" boats, when they had obvious impact damage, and refused to file an insurance claim on something that was damage. Round circular cracks are impact, whether you remember hitting something or not. We try to investigate anything brought in, and if it's defective we'll wrestle with the manufacturer until it's resolved. If it's from hitting something, it's not the boat companies issue to cover.

I'll give you another little secret, you come in ranting and cussing us, as opposed to asking for help, you'll go miles further getting the attention you need.

Pat, you sure you worded that last paragraph right? I didn't think you guys liked being cussed at.

Lessee...Tuesday...Yup it's my dyslexia day. Thanks Mike.

Direct from the Nitro web site. Have your boat serial number handy when you call.

If you have a question or concern regarding your boat, trailer or equipment, other than your motor, you may reach one of our customer relations representatives at (417) 873-4555 between the hours of 8 am to 5 pm Central Time.

Back