Need help from motor heads

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Storck Sr2

Reaction score
I would like to winterize my 175 optimax myself this year.other than puting in fuel treatment and changing lower end fluid,what else should be done.Dealer replaced impeller and spark plugs at the begining of this season and only put 10-15 hours on the motor this year.Will be storing boat in tent garage next to house and batteries will remain on trickle charge all winter.:wacko:

Check out FAQ on this site and this is just one of the many different sites.

http://www.outdoorcentral.com/mc/pr/04/10/12a3b.asp

It is best to place the trailer on jack stands, if possible.

massbasman - You and CQ have it all wrong, way too much involved your way, do it MY way!

Trep's FREE Winterizing Service:

1. Drive boat to Treps House in North Georgia, call ahead and reserve a spot in the heated garage.

2. Drive home.

3. Call ahead and pick up boat in the spring.

In the meantime, Treps FREE Winterizing Service will ensure that your gas and oil, along with bearing grease and lower unit oil will NOT be stagnant or gain any moisture by running the boat every 3-5 days all winter long!

Now accepting reservations for the 2005-2006 winter season. Please remember - first come first serve, there are only 4 available heated bays assuming I put my van and the wife's car out side, so hurry now, Operators are standing by!!!

Trep does that include free room and board to "help" you keep the boats in running order????

If so im in.

Massbassman, go to the grab bag section on this site. You will find an article from a guy named Jim there concerning winterizing your rig.

I used it last November as I left my boat outside this past winter. Everything went just as Jim said it would. The best part is when I put her in the water this spring, she fired right up and has been going strong all year.

Steve

Steve, im the jim that wrote the article. Honestly that was written for a carbed outboatd, im not sure how or if it would apply to an opti.

Back