Need advice on my livewell

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Jones

Reaction score
Hey guys! I have a '94 TF170 and since it is a tournament rigged boat, the livewell is divided. I no longer tournament fish and need the well to be larger (to hold 25 lb.+ stripers,etc.), so I want to remove the divider. How is the best way to do this without damaging the interior walls of the well? It looks like the divider is epoxied in place. Suggestions please? Thanks!

Tom

I asked the same question about 45 post back and never got a reply. I think it could mess up planning out the boat as the baffel is no longer there and you would have a lot of water sloshing around. Mine seems like I could push them sideways far enough to get them out.

My last boat (FS180) had the clear plastic divider in the livewell. I never tried to remove mine, but it appeared that it could be bent enough to pop out of the channel on one side that would allow you to get it out.

RoyC

Hmm, I bought a used 95 170TF and it did not have a divider in it. I can see the slots in the center where one would fit. It does not appear to have been damaged. Holds water and does not leak. Not sure if it was epoxied or not, but I don't think it is. Normally you can just bow? it in the middle and remove it from the slots. If yours is epoxied, maybe you could grind the joints down and try to remove. Be careful tho. Robert

Latest posts

Back