Need a "stapler" recommendation for my small boat

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I have a little plastic "Pond Prowler" boat that I recently noticed the transom was flexing on it. I also noticed that the carry handle screws kept pulling out.... giving me a feeling the "transom" was rotted out. I took the boat apart (took a whole day) and sure enough - rotten wood, front and back. I replaced all the wood (treated of course), and now it is time to put the top and bottom halves back together. My problem is this:

The boat halves were STAPLED together with a strong heavy duty type of staple. I have those type staples, and a staple gun. However, the stapler that I have, and all the ones I have seen, are for stapling "one way" into a substance - such as stapling carpet to wood, targets to a wood background, etc... They don't bend over on the other side, because unlike a common office stapler, these staplers don't have a "foot" under them to bend the staple ends on the other side. The only one I could find like that was a EasyShot stapler, and the staples in that one are light duty and bend over before getting through the bottom layer of plastic.

Whatever solution I end up using, it has to be thin. I can't put screws through it - it would take hundreds of screws, and then the "rub rail" wouldn't go over it.

HELP!!!!!!

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this and for any suggestions you may have.

All the best,

Glenn

I've been out to sea a LOT, and when I am in port, I've been persuing the elusive four legged "Bambi". :p I missed the majority of hunting season due to sea time, and 2006 doesn't look any better. In fact, we are out more this year than last year. Ouch! :wacko:

One year left on sea duty, and then I am headed to shore duty for the remainder of my career. I was looking SO forward to shore duty, right here in Virginia, but the detailer keeps saying "Denver Colorado". :blink: Where in the heck am I going to run my bass boat in DENVER COLORADO????? Well, if I do end up going there, at least the hunting should be good ---- but I am still going to beg, plead, and turn in every "owe you a favor" I have ever had promised to me to stay in Virginia for my final tour.

How have things been with you lately? My 'toon is dying to go to Anna one day! :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Look at the type that large carboard boxes are stapled together with, they go in and flaten outwards. I don't know how but they do.

cq

Back