Need a New Cover

• Thread starter Richard Ehlers (SevenPin)
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Ehlers (SevenPin)

Reaction score
Bummer of a morning. Headed out to catch the bus and saw the snowfall we had last week caused my cover to rip at the console. I guess I know what my Christmas Bass Pro gift cards will be going towards. So much for stocking up on Bandit crankbaits. Not sure if I can repair the cover temporarily but I do need to get the snow off of it tonight. AND it's supposed to start raining this evening!

Happy Friggin New Year ;-)

SP

Rick -

For a temporary fix, if there are any in your area, you could take it to someplace that works on the tarps that cover things like flatbed trucks. There are probably half a dozen in and around St. Louis but I have no idea about where you live. You could call a nearby truck stop or dealership and ask.

me!

Actually Staci, I'm thinking about using the Handyman's Secret Weapon. Anyone who follows Red Green, knows what I'm talkin about ;-) I'll probably have to raise the seats up to take the tension off the consoles, too.

Thanks.

SP

I had the same thing happen during a heavy rain this fall to my brand new custom cover, right at the console. I took it to a canvas shop and they patched it up for $50. It has a rectangular patch over the rip, but the color was spot on so it doesn't look too bad. That'll sure ruin your day, though.

--Casey

Thanks Casey. I'll have to look around and see if there are any canvas shops here in Cincinnati. So close to the River you would think there would be at least one. Google - here I come.

SP

Rick -

You live in Cincinnati? Where abouts?

I grew up in Bevis! Out Rte 27 just the other side of Grosbeck. Our address was 1792 Susanna Drive (I think). That was 1957 through 1963. I went toSt. John's of Dry Ridge and Mother of Mercy Academy.

Did you know an insurance agent by the name of Roetteker? (Long stroy)

me!

Make that 3792 Susanna Drive! It just hit me out of the blue here, what, about 5 hours later! LOL!! Cincinnati 39, Ohio - back when we had "zones" not zip codes!

me!

I work downtown Cinti and live near Mason. Been here since '95 after 15 years in the Indianapolis area. Looking to move farther north in 2005 but that's just to escape the property taxes until I retire to the frozen Northlands.

SP

Well, The cover is toast! The passenger console ripped though yesterday while I was at work. Looks like I won't be using my Bass Pro gift cards towards new Bandit crankbaits. I'll probably wait until the Bassmaster University weekend and get the cover with the 15% discount and only have to pay $50 for a PT185 cover.

Everyone have a great and safe New Year.

Rick (aka SevenPin)

Back