Napoleon Dynamite

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
How many of you are into the Napoleon craze? My gosh....my whole school is into it. Everyone quotes that movie....

I had never seen it...so a couple months ago i was driving home and passed Blockbuster. I ran inside and bought the DVD. Came home, watched it with my siter. After 10-15 minutes i began thinking "i did not spend 20 dollars on this movie". We watched the whole thing...

I feel like a complete moron for watching it.

Well last night my parents hadnt seen it. My sister was off with friends. SO we put it in. just me and my parents.

after 10 minutes my dad said "What in the world are we watching? this is stupid" my mom laughed at parts.

and at teh very end we all came to the same conclusion IT IS SO STUPID!

so how many of ya'll are into the Napoleon craze?

"I like your sleeves"

"Girls only like guys with skills....like bowhunting skills and computer hacking skills numchuck skills. I need to get some skills."

"Tina, you big fat llama...eat your food.....Gaaaaww !!!"

"Gaaaaw....your freakin' idiot !!"

Needless to say I've seen it a few times. Andy coerced me into sitting down and watching and I thought it was great. It reminds me so much of high school. There's every type of character that I knew in school from the jock to the dork. I especially liked the uncle, what a piece of work. And yes you are right, it is so stupid....that's what makes it funny, it's also original and clever. Have you seen Saved? It's about some kids in a Christian high school, you might find it interesting.

Harpo

Hey Mini,

How much you wanna bet I can throw this football over those mountains???

I'll have to admit it...harpo is right...

although it was kinda funny the second time i watched it.....

I havent seen saved...

BJ

I HADNT NOTICED THAT LINE TILL THE OTHER NIGHT WHEN I WAS WATCHING IT!!!!!

what a pick up line!!!! i'll try it!

I HADNT NOTICED THAT LINE TILL THE OTHER NIGHT WHEN I WAS WATCHING IT!!!!!

what a pick up line!!!! i'll try it!

People either find it hillarious or stupid. Not much middle ground. I didn't like it.

I found it both stupid and hilarious, unlike other movies like Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber, and American Pie, which were just plain stupid. Or for a real snore check out the overly intelectual and pretentious I Heart Huckabees. Besides Napoleon the only recent comedy that I actually laughed at was Garden State.

Harpo

"You're just jealous because I've on-line chatting with hot babes all day. Besides, everyone know's I'm training to be a cage fighter."

My kids and I love that movie. It's just good old fashioned senseless humor. I like because it is rated PG and the whole family can enjoy it.

I guess if the only merit the movie has are the quotes.....it must be art....i just dont get it. There are some funny ones, but it is still stupid.

Hey Napoleon, What are you going to do today....Whatever I feel like I'm going to do, Gosh!!!!!

It is the cleanest, funniest underated movie of all time. I mean, there are no curse words or nudity scenes in it and it's still funny. Of all productions, MTV produced it and it is halirious. More kids need to watch these types of movies instead of the trash that is on there today, and I'm talking about regular tv too.:p

Something interesting, Jon Heder, who played the part of Napoleon Dynamite was paid $1,000. The movie grossed over $40,000,000 in the United States.

010_jonheder_criticschoiceawards05.jpg

Harpo

Back