Name that boat cover!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
Okay, I picked up the boat cover from the previous owner of my boat. It's black in the front and back with a white section in the middle. It feels like lightweight denim and has Nitro all over it. It hasn't been used much but still has some tears at the seams. Is this a team cover, a dust cover, or what? Oh, it's on a 911CDC if that matters. It does have the drawstrings.

It's A DOWCO cover that came with the 9 series boats. Cost about 800.00 new Good cover. I have 2 for my 901 KB

Mike..my cover came with my 911CDC as well. It too is a Dowco cover. The number for Dowco Inc. is 1-800-558-7756.

speaking of boat cover.....where can i get a reasonably priced generic cover for my 150 xr6 motor? i have looked at the ones on the site that have the mercury screened on them for $160 +s/h. not sure i want to drop that kind of cash.

thanks,

bryan

If your boat stays outside 24/7, I would try to come up with the $. I purchased a custom cover from Cabelas and it is high quality(supposed to last 7 years).

Bryan,Bryan,Bryan...You know there is only one place to do your shopping. I think the motor covers are around $40 here at BPS. How's the new boat running?

Dowco's number is 800-558-7755. I called them and WOW! What customer service! First, the warranty goes only to the original purchaser, so I'm going to have to track him down. Then I'm quoted a price on the pro-rated replacement cover. She told me the retail on it was about $300 or so, and I told her BPS said 600-800 on it. Then she clarified what I had... stuck to the original price (rather than over twice it, based on the actual cover I have) and then spared me the trouble of going back to the original owner and having him send it in.

Talk about good, old-fashioned customer service!

I have one of their covers that came with my Tracker. A great cover other than the Tracker name is peeling off. Doesn't affect the cover tho. A really heavy cover with good quality reinforcement. It was used for two years on the boat outside. I just use it on trips now that the boat has a house.

Latest posts

Back