My Turn now

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
Went fishing with the Tundra today and once again the roller stop on the winchpost didn't line up with the pointy part or the bow. My neighor and I got under the trailer and it's perfect. We found out the winch is offset. Now way to really fix it because I can't move the winch post and inch and a half to port, so tomorrow it goes to the dealer. Also the Bilge is silent when I turn on the switch. Does anyone know if it has to be submerged in water to turn on??? I realize these are minor gliches so I'm not peeved yet.

But the boat runs and preforms great. The 150 Opti hits 55mph with me and empty livewells and a half tank of gas goes through rough water like a hot knife. Fishes super and is unbelieveabley comfy. I loved my Nitro but this thing is a dream to fish out of. Other than the alighnment issure it trailers down the highway great and the trailer brakes makes me wish I'd always had them.

I caught only one eye and a few slab crappie but started fishing finess worms and hit 19 bass from 13 to 16 inches on a lake that was killed and restocked four years ago.

A great day for it being almost 100 degrees.

fatrap

Sorry since you confessed to being bifishual, I refuse to help.....LOL

On my automatic bilge pump, if there is no water it won't turn on. If it's a manual only then there may be a flaw in the wireing? If it has a float and its dry then no it won't turn on?

BF

All in all it's just another brick in the wall.........

Fatrap,...the bilge pumps should work in or OUT of the water.......pour a gallon of water in there and turn'em on...you'll know right away if they're working or not.

Check your fuses first and go from there. It should work either way if it's manual.

If it's automatic, it should have a float switch on it.

Does the tongue on the trailer look straight?

Hard to believe that the bow stop is off 1 1/2" unless it was bent really bad before they put it on....seen stranger things.

So that was you terrorizing all the new fish at Icaria hey. My son and I tried to drag crawlers on walleye rigs down there a couple of weeks ago. In the main lake we caught a zillion little bullheads, 3 to 4 inchers. I think they are going to be Icaria's next problem. Glad to here the boat is running good for you.

Ken that hurt:(

ED yeah I'm the only white or other color Tundra in the area. Next time say Hi. I'm getting quite a collection of eye fillets in the freezer.

One fuse blown and replaced. I think the pump is bad. Monday it goes in. Everyone is too busy with the Hunting Classic right now. Myself included.

fatrap

Fat rap,

Nice boat, I have the same in team edition. I can't hear my bilge pump but it does work. The one thing I don't like is the pumps are very hard to get to.

Also, some advise put some weather stripping around the radio cover. Water got in mine and shorted it out. I just installed a Clarion sterio and two more speakers behind the rear deck cup holders.

I am thinking of installing some trim tabs to control a list to port. The trolling bateries under to console causes it. Have you ever seen any on a Tundra? I live on the Gulf, not many Tundras here to compare to.

Again nice boat,

Troy

Troy

I have only seen a 21 foot Team Tundra and a single console that we have in the store. I'll look at my stero and see if it needs any stripping. I never used the one on my Nitro but I want it to work. I tried to get a Marine band radio instead but no dice.

My 18 footer has absolutely no list to Port. I believe that they may have added floatation on that side. I was told the Tracker boys would mount my batteries in the floor compartment if I wanted them too.

Other than it not snuggiing up to the front roller things are good.

fatrap

PS I don't feel the bilge running either but I may be wrong.

I don't have a Tundra but I do have a Tracker, Tahoe. It has an auto bilge pump but also has a bilge punp switch on the dash which works. In other words my bilge works automaticlly and manually. I assume that Tracker uses the same bilges on all their boats.

I hosed some water in the back and tried it. Nuthin. Tim at Tracker said he'd have that fixed PDQ. What I'm worried about is the bow allignment.

fatrap

Fatrap,

Sorry brotha......I actually think the Tundra is one of the nicer boats they make.

Latest posts

Back