My Stuffed Toad

• Thread starter Scott Smith [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/6
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
All 13.5 Lbs and 31.5 inches....
100_0031.JPG

Nice... very nice... That's a money fish in any tourney I have been in...

Sure beats the 3" walleye I caught at the first rally on a 7" worm!

But then.....

You would have had to use a plastic worm that was about 5 1/2 feet long to duplicate my feat!

Beautiful catch, Smitty! Beautiful!

Beats my ten pounder I've got hanging on the wall. Nice mount, I like the way he flared the mouth and gills open.

Nice eye Smitty! Where'd she come from...man I thought was doin' good gettin' two 10's in one weekend..looks like an Erie Eye to me :)

TEE

She came from the Trenton Channel in the Detroit River which is a stones throw from the mouth of Erie. Got her last April during the spawning run. Vertical Jigging with a leadhead and a minnow. She was number 2 in the state this year when I first caught her, since then she's dropped down to 6th when I last checked.

Got her 5 minutes into my first fishing outting of the year...about 30 minutes after I got her, I lost another at boatside which looked nearly as large..my partner and I could'nt get the net under the 2nd one in time.

I'm not a big Walleye guy...usually just hit the river in the spring for Walleye a few times to fill the freezer then never fish for em again the rest of the year. I'd like to say that there was a whole lot of Walleye skill and knowledge used to get her, but it was all definately luck cause I just barely know what I'm doing down in that river. My partner, who is a big Walleye guy just tells me what to do.

HUGE Eye Smitty! Last trip to Canada in August, one of my funnest times was vertical jigging with my 6 weight fly rod. I tied a 1/8th oz jig on and tipped with a minnow/worm section and tried some plastics too. fighting a 2-3lb Eye on that light fly rod was great!

I've never hooked into any Eye over 5lbs, that one must have been a HUGE fight!

Actually Trep, it was the exact opposite. I thought that I had snagged something and was draggin it up from the bottom. Did'nt really notice any fight at all till she broke the surface and started gator rollin. When I saw her belly, thats when I knew I had more than the average walleye. She was so full of eggs, I think she was havin trouble movin. Sorta like a fat guy trying to get outta bed.

Never caught an eye bigger than 6 lbs. Had one on one time that was around 8 and lost it at the boat. But the biggest I've ever even seen out of Champlain was an 11 lber. Man, that's a hog. I'd LOVE to catch some of those. Ya know how it is, you always want what you don't have.

Rob...you need to hit Lake Erie in October around the Huron area(not far from Port Clinton) and spend a couple of days with a good charter. It's very inexpensive with a few more guys and I'd be willin' to bet you'd get that wall hanger.

That one is only 8 1/2 but I'll scan my 2 10's from three years ago...what fun. I'm like the other's too in the fact..I may be more of a smally fisherman...ya' gotta love those eyes..what fish they are.

TEE

Back