my new toy

• Thread starter Mark Wendt [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/14
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Major Mark

Reaction score
who says Tracker doesn't make a Targa 17DC? more pics in library
DSC00060.JPG

Nice ride, enjoy the new toy.. Question, is that an aluminum prop, I thought all Mercs 115 HP and up came with SS prop. I had a 115 ELPTO on my NX750 and it was rigged with Laser II. You might want to question your dealer if it was suppose to come with the SS, If it was not suppose to come with the SS prop, I would look into getting one. Makes a world of difference.

Carlos..It is registered as a WT, but all that is needed is 2 SC windshields, stainless screws to fill the holes from the take-off, & nut covers to decorate the screw heads. I spent a small fortune on a lot of upgrades, what's another $225 for a DC "convertion"? LOL The boat was in a fishing expo 3 weeks ago & you should have seen the Tracker regional factory reps looking at it & taking lots of pictures. Wanna bet there may be a future addition to the Tracker line??

Brian..I was told the Opti 115 comes stock with a alum prop. If someone can supply proof to the contrary, I'd love to have SS. I figured on buying one mid-summer (or after the wife gets over the sticker shock of writing the check yesterday for the boat). I've been told a Trophy II would be the best fit for the rig by a Merc rep. Pat Goff suggested a PowerTech something-or-other a while back..

ps..I have the WT windshield & mounting gasket listed on the Sell board if anyone needs a new, perfect condition replacement..

You might try calling mercury, or BPS, dont tell them you purchased, just ask what is the standard prop included. When I had my NX750, I got a Laser II with my 115. Came with it. Maybe the Nitro's include it as standard feature..

Congrats-- Sharp looking..

I sometimes wish I would of gotten the DC when I got my 03' Tarda 18sc..Tracker did offer the DC in 2003.

Good Luck :>)

HaleDamage....................Rick

You might want to call Mercury about that prop issue. I just talked to a tech rep about my 115 4 stroke. She told me, the motors ship from the factory without a prop. The dealer is in charge of selecting the prop. I think your dealer screwed you. You should have been given a SS. Mine started out with a Vengeance and I just purchaced a Trophy Plus. Nice looking rig BTW.

NoCAL

No the dealer didn't "screw" you.

To my knowledge your boat comes with an aluminum prop. SS props come standard on V-6 Nitros, some special pep pkg's, and some models of the other glass boats. Mercury does not prop their bigger motors. Your hull dictates that. The Avalanche and the Tundra are the only tin rigs that come to mind with SS props sent with them and factory rigged motors. Your dealer should work with you on a new to new trade however.

Dan..

I see by your member profile, your knowledgable with Trackers. Can you recommend a specific SS prop for the rig I've built, for when I'm ready? The alum is a 13x19. I'm more concerned about holeshot then top speed. Does that sound like the right fit for alum? We're still in frozen lake country up here, so I haven't gotten it wet yet to try it for power.

Mark

A 19" pitch Trophy sounds like a good starting point with your rig and your HP. See if your dealer has any demo props or a "new to new" exchange program first, to save you some money. I think you'll find price-wise that you'll be quite pleased with the aluminum prop on your rig. I've attached Merc's prop selector link that you can play around with, adjusting your load weight to help narrow your starting point. Good luck!
http://www.mercurymarine.com/prop_selector

so you'd put the same pitch SS on it as alum? Problem with that prop selector is it doesn't allow you to choose an Opti lower then 135hp.

Thx for your thoughts Dan (& others)!

Mark

Not to contradict the rigging dealer, but I think the 19P alum. is smaller than I'd start with. (21-22P alum.) I'd rather try and gain RPM's going down in prop size than the potential of over-revving a new block with a small wheel. IMHO

Back