My New Tow Vehicle

• Thread starter Teri C. [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8544/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I picked this up on Friday. Hopefully, this one will do the trick for a long time.
114-1481_IMG.JPG

It has every option except the HO engine (requires Premium gas).
115-1549_IMG.JPG

WOWOW Is that brand new??? NICE ride, and I thought my new Yukon was nice!!!!!!!!

Carlos

It is not new. It's a 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 16,000 miles on it. It has a few nicks here and there but it is in great shape for a used car. I bought it for $500 more than what the guy paid for it at the auction. I didn't want to buy something until I sold my Infiniti but I looked around and this was the only one that interested me so I bought it. I really like it and I think the V8 will do much better for me.

Teri its beautiful !! The gauges almost don't look real from the picture. lol, << koool >> nice looking ride.

I got a free upgrade to a Grand Cherokee when I was in San Antonio this week. Very impressive vehicle, especially the turning radius and get-up-and-go power. It drove really well and wasn't too horrible on the fuel consumption.

I think you picked a good 'un there, Teri! Congratulations.

Just wanted to report I really love the Jeep. I sold my Infiniti yesterday so it's me and the Jeep from now on. I do think the Infiniti is more "fancy" but the Jeep is much more comfortable inside for me. The pick up is awesome and I really dig the chrome wheels. I went to Ziebart yesterday to see what it would cost to put chrome running boards on it, $400. I think I will wait until after Christmas when I get my bonus in February. Hopefully this one is a keeper for a long time. I am tired of losing money on cars.

Teri...

I found a "neighborhood" (their's not mine)...custom wheel shop that has great deals on running boards, etc... So, you might want to "shop around". Also, chrome won't last...period... neither will "painted"... I choose either "stainless steel" or vinyl. The hard black ninyl over steel running boards that I have look as good today as when I got them two years ago...

Just sitting around bored.......thought I would see how the new jeep and boat looked together.I'm getting cabin fever already...........

Sorry about wiping out a few of your neighbors houses,I hope you weren't too attached to them.....But I did clean up that ugly oil stain in your driveway.......
boat%20jeep.jpg

HA! Doesn't quite match does it? My neighborhood is all backwards too. :) I took the boat to get it winterized today and the Jeep pulled it much better. I still can't see why you have to turn the overdrive off when you are doing 70 on the interstate. The RPMs are much less when the overdrive is on and I can't feel it switching gears back and forth.

Teri--The overdrive debate gets pretty crazy sometimes.My feeling is that as long as your transmission is not hunting between gears,you should be alright.I agree that on the highway at 70 mph you can use overdrive with no problem.

I have a smaller boat,but also a smaller motor(v-6) and at 65 mph I get much better gas mileage with the O-D off.It keeps the RPM's up in the range where the motor makes more power,so it dosen't have to work as hard.

Next time you make a long pull,try it with the O-D off,and on and see which way is the best.

Teri -

I have also always towed in overdrive. Not a single problem with my last Jeep in 231,xxx miles. None on this one in 129,xxx miles. (Although this Jeep has done far less towing.)

Steve R is correct. You only have to switch out of overdrive if the transmission is shifting back and forth continually trying to find the right gear.

me!

Back