My new favorite quote....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Payne

Reaction score
<p>"Reports that say something hasn't happened are interesting to me, because as we know, there are known unknowns; there things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know."

<i>-- Donald Rumsfeld</i></p>

I think I know, but i'm just not sure anymore.

I love the way her jerks the liberal press around,.....and I betya he followed that up with "and you can quote me on that!"...LOL

I actualy had "Known Unknowns" and "Unknown Unknowns" as concepts in a project management class last year!!

The quote I use the most in my work (Project Manager for IT in the financial business), is the following:

We don't know, what we don't know.

I'm not sure who the originator is, but it says reams. I 'think' that is basically what our Sect'y of Defense has said, but way too many words for me.

Tex

The best project manager quote I have is: "We don't need a week to complete 40 hours worth of work, just 2400 poeple working for one minute."

And that one's mine...

Pierre

Mac, I'm with you on your thoughts. He sometimes wants to come across as an idiot and the press just eats it up just as the fools they are.

I don't think he was trying to come accross as an idiot... but he used so many words to say so little... You have to admire anyone that can spew that many words out, on the fly, and it actually makes sense in the end... yet says absolutely nothing, and everything at the same time.

I think he came accross as a "politicion".

Beyond that, the reason I like the quote is simple...

He actually admits that there are things they don't know, and they know it.

Just an interesting aside, that I've thought about some recently.

In many cases, people claim to know something - when in fact they believe something.

Sample.

Angler who can't get a bite off his honey hole.

I know that there are fish (bass) on this structure. Believes there are - does not know.

Angler with Aqua Vu (or other camera system on board):

I know there are fish (bass) on this structure.

Knows for sure.

Goes for many other things also.

Tex

Agreed!! LOL....and the typical response from the liberal press,..."Why don't you know what you don't know!!"...

Texas....that's bang on and this is why I did purchase a camera....I'd rather not KNOW that there are fish there.

Pierre

I know you think you understood what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I ment.

Harpo

Don't think I don't know what you think I don't know!

<p><i>Cogito, ergo sum</i> = I think, therefore I am </p>

<p><i>Cogito cogito, ergo cogito sum</i> = I think I think, therefore I think I am. </p>

and as he finishes his press conference... "And I'm not lying this time!!"

Tim

Let's hope he (Rumsfeld) doesn't run for President....

Wouldn't the press hava a hayday if he was elected?

Back