My New Boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lon Weekly

Reaction score
A funny thing happened last week when I went to Springfield BPS to buy a new boat. Between the lack of attention from the sales people and their inability to answer some pretty simple questions, I left wondering if I really wanted a new Nitro. I was ready to buy a new 2003 901 with 200 EFI, but we decided to see what else we could find.

Quite by accident, I came across a 2004 Champion Elite 196 with 200 OptiMax, MK Maxxum 74, Lowrance X-15, dual axle trailer, yada, yada for LESS money! (Pix in my library)

I still have my 2003 PT185 and will put it in the Swap and Sell.

I love this new boat, I had it at 70 GPS and still had some room to go.

Sweet boat. I really like those Champs. Just curious, how much more was it over the 901?

Harpo

Agreed! Very nice rig! Congratulations!

I'm sorry to hear the Sales Department down there isn't as customer orientated as the Parts Department. Teresa (before she left to become a Dental Assistant) was wonderful! Sheila also gave me excellent service!

me!

Must be nice to have that kinda' money to have two settin' around :) LOL

Configured as it is, the showroom price was about $40K. I paid $27,900. It had about 20 hours on it, but had never been titled. I got all the warranties as new. The guy I bought it from gets a new one every 6 months from Champion

Back