My favorite gun...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Might be the prettiest, too. I have a Sako Vixen .222Rem w/ a Leupold 24X AO Target scope that is from the 60s. I bought it and shot in benchrest competition for years. It has also terminated more woodchecks, prarie dogs and even ground squirrels than I can remember. Beautiful wood and fine metalwork. But, it is the memories of teaching my son the art of varmint hunting and the memories of varmint hunting with friends, that make it my favorite.

How about it, what is your favorite and why.

The 12 ga. pump that my father gave me when I was 12/13, he bought a new one and it was a pass down. Started restoration but on hold until I find the box in storage that holds all the wood.

cq

If it has any value restoring it will destroy all collector value. If it's a beater like my Dad's old 22 Remington Scoremaster go for it. I took the rusty thing and bead blasted the metal and then rust blued(my speciality) the metal and put a satin hand rubbed finish on the furniture and it looks great.

fatrap

I am restoring just for display. It was purchased by my mother as a present for my father and he handed it to me.

Always a bittersweet deal when your father or respected elder hands down a cherished firearm. In one way they're saying I won't be needing it anymore and on the other hand they trust you enough to enjoy something of theirs.
Then they might have just gotten something they liked better and are getting rid of the extra baggage. :)

fatrap

Got to thinking about this...giving away a cherished gun...while still around... My daughter-in-law took an interest in shooting shortly after she and my son started dating. She loved to shoot informal trap, just for fun, with a Rem 1100 20ga, "Special Field" (21" barrel with a straight "English" stock). While I did not exactly "give it away"; I "so;d it" cheap to my son so he could give it to her as one of her wedding presents from him. I replaced it with another "Special Field" 20 ga with interchangeable tubes, that I like even more than the one Courtney now has. But, every time we go out to shoot trap I get a big kick out of her owning a gun I loved to shoot when it was mine. Sharing "our sport" gives me a ood feeling.

My favorite gun is the first one I got. Christmas present from parents when I was 10. That was a long time ago. It is
a 410 bolt action Westernfield. I have taken many rabbits, squirrels, with it. Still looks good, and shoots good.

It's not pretty, but my Glock 19 that I carry daily is like an extension of my body.

As far rifles go... my favorite(s): My Yugo Zastava OPAP AK47 is possibly my most fun rifle, even though I have an affinity for my Bravo Company AR15.

I'm a little late to the party :rolleyes: I have more than one favorite, My favorite conceal carry has to be my colt 380 or my Glock 27. Best for shooting by far is my ruger 1911, close second would be my Springfield XDM 45. best rifle is my old henry golden boy.

I have a .222 CZ I intend to do some coyote hunting with. It has a Leupould VX 2 on it, 3x9

Latest posts

Back