My Day

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~l
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
You would have thought with the weather as nice as it is I would have been on the water but it was the perfect chance to detail the truck......It's new, why would you do that you say? Well for those of us who are "into" detailing, a new vehicle is "almost" there!! LOL!! The holy grail for detailers is to get a perfect optical clarity on the clear coat (after all, that's what you wax, not the paint). The best way to tell that is to look at a reflection through the clearcoat. Here's a couple...you tell me, am I close??!!. Process was wash, clay bar, wash, polish, sealant, and finally pure white carnuba. This is a reflection of a tree in my front yard off of the hood.

IMG0121.jpg

The hood looks good, but there's some ugly guy on the side panel. I'd have that buffed out if I were you :).

And to think some people FISHED today.

Snow, I think that's one of those airbrushed paintings. Usually it's a picture of a naked girl on some alien landscape but I think they do things differant out on the east coast.

Harpo

Hey, I fished today. Lots of bass. Pictures to follow.

david.....

L.O.L. @ Mike!

Geeezzzz, Toxic posts these pictures and now I have to meet him with my "non-detailed" old F-150 tomorrow morning (gulp).

Toxic, I found the best test for detailing to be flourescent lights. When I had my 56 Chevy, I used to cruise a local Dairy Queen on Saturday nights where all of the classic car guys met. They used to revel in pointing out swirls and misses that didn't show up in daylight but did under those &^%%*$ lights:)

See ya in the a.m.

Bill

Tox,

Nice job man!! Want to practice any on a Yukon :)

When are we going fishing!!!!!!!

Hey,

CIII, I'm sure "WE" can knock your little truck out in no time!! I'm going to the lake today with the family. First time pulling the boat with the truck (you don't think I cleaned it up for nuthin'!!). Just a fun cruise around day. I have 2 trips next week and a couple more after that, business is starting to pick up. Also have a writer to take out and a charity tournament this month. I want to do that get together with Bill also before it get's tooooo hot. Welcome to summer!!

TOXIC
IMG0138.jpg

Hope that the trip went well for ya. How was Anna? Full yet?

May just take you up on the "we" offer :) I am a Padawan in the car detailing business.

Carlos

How did it go? Fun? We stayed here at home for a change. Was a very ncie and relaxign day here.. Hope that yours was the same.

Carlos

PS May be out of touch for a while. I am TAD to Chesapeake for a week.

Yeah I did but I have a client tomorrow and we will rip em' up pretty good. I boated that one just to make sure they were where Teddy told me they would be. He was right!!

TOXIC

Back