My Daughter is a Trooper

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
I gave my daughter the option of going to the hot side of Anna yesterday for bass or the cold side for crappie. Her response was "If we go for crappie can we eat them"? My answer was that if we caught enough, I would clean them and we could have them Sunday night. She chose crappie. Rolled out of bed at 0700, headed for the lake in 38 degree temps. I knew the river arms were going to be muddy and the wind was really blowing by the time we got there. Gotta give her credit, we stayed until dark and eeeked enough silversides for a feed. We caught Bass, Crappie, Catfish, and Striper. Here she is in all of her wind burned glory with her catch and she caught most of them. We had a couple of real slabs get off (swinging them in the boat). A big thanks to Mac for her crappie rod (b-day present)...personalized of course!! Only 9 year old in the country fishing with a JLM settup!:lol:

stringer sm.jpg

And here are her big fish that she wouldn't let me put on the stringer.

Lauren sm.jpg

We got home late and "I" had to clean fish!! She gave up going to a school function so I took her out to I-Hop for dinner.

All I can say is that when this girl gets married (if I ever let that happen:p), hubby better know how to put her on fish because daddy has spoiled her.

A perfect day with my daughter.

TOXIC

Tox...

Bring her to the Moors in May... She can meet up with my "grow'd-up" 21 yr old crappie slayer daughter...

That was a great day for both of you...

Toxic - If I had the choice of going fishing with JUST my daddy or those old, gross and nasty guys on the hot side I would pick my daddy also. Glad you had a good day with your daughter. You can always come and fish with us anytime, but days like that with your daughter are hard to come by, particulary when they get older. Enjoy those times!

Besides we didn't miss you! LOL

Easy there William!!:lol::lol: I just didn't want her to show you guys up!!:p:p Rest assured it's gonna happen!! She can fish a Senko just as good as her daddy!! And with Mac outfitting her, she's got better equipment than I do!! A side note, she stood up ALL day cause I had a client try to turn my rear seat into a Lazyboy and recline in it, messing up my pedestal. Her only comment was that she thought her face was gonna fall off after our first run (Sturgeon Creek to the first bridge on the N. Anna river)!!

TOXIC

Absolutely great pictures!!! I have a stupid question, what is the "hot side" and the "cold side" of Anna?

Steve

The "cold" side of Anna is public with marinas (13,000 acres). The "hot" side is private and consists of 3, 1000 acre lakes connected by canals to cool the water from a nuclear power plant. The water gets pumped back into the cold side. The hot side has no public access so you have to know a landowner with a ramp. Mr. Hamilton is just such a person and opens the hot side for us to fish all winter. No winterizing boats and still bassin when everything else is near froze up. Water usually stays in the high 50's at it's coldest. We have fished the day after Christmas!!

Everybody knows Bill is my bestest friend!!:lol:

TOXIC

Awesome Tox!!!

How long before my youngest boy can start dating her and her share in the fish-fries???

Thanks for the pics and the warm feeling your day gives to us all. Most of us can relate those special moments with our kids. Oh, how was the fish fry?

We actually caught enough for 2 frys. We had one batch last night and she took what was left over in her lunch to school:lol:

TOXIC

Nice job Tox.....and keep her away from Neeley's kid!!!!

Mini

Tox, those are great pics, looks like she does better then the old man!!!!

But come on really, that's a little girl from down the street isn't it, she way to cute to be yours!!:lol::lol:

Back