My 2nd largest bass ever!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerald Goff

Reaction score
When this fish first broke the surface, I thought for sure I had my first double digit bass. Her head and mouth are huge. If it had been pre-spawn she might have come close, but she was looking a little thin and only weighed 7 1/4 pounds. Caught her on Lake Fayette in La Grange, Texas on a C-rigged baby brush hog. (La Grange - Chicken Ranch, Best Little Whore House in Texas, rememer?) Check my Member's Profile for pictures. By the way, my largest bass to date is 8 pounds.

Now thats a good bass. Makes all that heat on that lake worth while. I really try to stay off that lake during the summer months.

I love those big guys. I've caught 1 right at 7# and a 6 1/2# and that is a thrill. Thought I had andother the other day at a lake I've never done very good at but it only weighed a little over 5. I can't wait to hook that 10#+ mama.

Congrats on your fish, that is awesome.

Harpo

I love fishing Fayette for that same reason. There are plenty of hogs in that lake, the other question is was she in the slot or longer than 26 inchs. I have caught a lot of big fish out of Fayette but I have never been able to break the 26" slot.

In the slot. She would have swam away either way, but it would be nice to say I caught one over the slot.

GG

It would probably take about a 9 to 10 lb fish to break the slot. But during the hot summer and as slow as the fishing has been on fayette that sure is a good looking fish.

Latest posts

Back