Mounting a FF

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason L

Reaction score
Hi,

I bought a eagle fishmark 480 to replace my console piece of crap FF. The Eagle is a good bit wider and probably won't fit in the stock mounting location. What kind of mounting bracket do you guys suggest that has the footprint of the original but still can support the eagle? (It's on a 2004 PT 185) Can you link me to one on bps website please?

Thanks in advance,

Jason

Ill second the ram mount. you may have to drill new holes and fill the old ones but it will be worth it. The ram is super strong and yet flexible mount system. It can be positioned anywhere at any angle and can hold just about any unit. If you get the 1.5" ball it wont budge in rough water either. Its a very good product.

The other nice thing is if you change finders again down the road you wont need to change out the mount. Maybe a new plate for the finder side but the rest can stay intact on the boat.

If you get a Ram that has a large enough base it may cover any old holes not needed.

Donnie

Back