Morning TGIF!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan J.

Reaction score
Morning all! Thought I'd hit the board before launching and couldn't find a Friday thread. So, Good Morning to you all!

Hang a few for me Dan.

Morning all. Getting colder here over the weekend. Back to the 50's and 60's next week. Going to take some of my 'off time' and get on the water next week.

Tex

Good morning folks. It's 34 here this morning but we haven't got the snow they've been harping about yet. They are never right anyways.

Have a great day

jdj

Dan - You've got to get over here to Allatoona and give me some good advice! We're hitting the lake on Sun AM and figure jig/pigs and soft platics on bluff walls and points with deep water.

Mornin' all from Ky. Pepper snow falling now and colder.. Have a safe and God filled day all.

Jeff

Trep - Best advice I can give is S-P-O-O-N-S!! :D

Look for deep points w/or ending in a sandy flat (primo!) using 30-40' as your "magic" range. That Flex-it we used before is the best I've found for spots. (wht/slvr) If you find balls of bait in those areas towards the back of the feeder creeks (just before the first break) that aren't blown out with mud, start spooning. Many times you won't mark the fish (hooks or little fishy symbols on some units) until you see a line coming up to your spooning zigzag on the screen. About then you'll feel a tap or your rod will double over. The rest is just keeping the rod bent and steady reeling! (Plus a lot of fun!!) Earlier today I caught a few on rocky long river points close to the house, slow rolling one of my homemade spbt's. The four I caught knocked the fire out of it before the wind picked up and the barometer shot up! Then I hid from the wind and spooned 10 or 12 spots (biggest just under 4) and about that many of a mixed variety. Creepy Crawlers on broken rock bluffs are holding fish as well, just more resident fish that are here and there, other than schoolers. You can duplicate all of this on 'Toona, I promise!! Good luck!

Back