More golfing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I have second golf match tomorrow. Its my goal to shave 10 strokes off of my score. I shot a 72 last time. My coach has "coached" me a little and I'm excited about tomorrow. Its my goal to get in the mid to low 60s tomorrow. I hope by the state tournament (Mid April) I can shoot in the mid 50s.

All I can do is get better!

BJ

BJ,

as a superintendant at a golf course let me give you some advice. Pratice putting and chipping, its where the game is won, anybody can hit it a hundred miles, but can they sink a putt. stick with it practice-practice-practice

mike

For those who haven't seen the Robin Williams HBO bit on golf, it is hilarious!! I'd put up the link but it is a little rank.

TOXIC

I've seen that Tox and it is freakin' funny!!

Bob G.

Two must read books if you want to drop those shots are by Dave Pelz. "Putt like the Pros" and "Short Game Bible" As it was said before you need the short game/putting to go really low in golf. Pelz is an interesting story. He was a nationally known/very good college golfer who gave up the thought of playing professionally because he could never beat this fat little guy from Ohio State in college. He went on to be a NASA engineer and a good career when the golf bug hit him again and he began to do scientific studies of putting and chipping and why pros are so much better than the average golfer. The books are loaded with FACTS/DATA instead of hype you find in golf magazines. He actaully invented the Pelz Putter in the 70's that was outlawed by the PGA because it created too much advantage to anyone using it. Callaway bought the design a few years ago and revised it slightly to satisfy the PGA and we all now know it as the Callaway 2-ball putter used by millions of pros/amateurs today.

PS: That little fat guy he could not beat in college...Jack Nicklaus.

This is off subject...but i wonder if they ever done a study on why pro fisherman are better than the rest of us.....just a thought

BJ

Oh and its 9 holes again and i went to bed righ after i posted that bill ;) I was working on my autobiography due in English tomorrow....gosh that takes forever...but i'm also on the best section....competitive bass fishing!

Back