more color problems on my boat

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Zechman

Reaction score
So as you know, I ordered my new 189 sport in November and had problems with the dealer tellin me about metal flake and bein hot in the summer whatever...........now he calls me back just a minute ago and says I can't get metal flake on the under side of the hull, so I picked white cuzz they didn't have any colors that would match the rest of the boat, so anyway, does anyone know why they don't let you put metal flake on the under side of the hull????? My Champion boat is complete metal flake even underneath.........thoughts?????

I'm pretty sure that is correct. If you look at the "Build a boat section" of the Nitro website under custom color, there are no flake options for boat bottoms. I bet black would look killer on your sliver and blue scheme but white like mine wouldn't be bad. Black wouldn't show the scuff marks though!

NoCAL

Never seen a full flake hull on a Nitro. Although, there's alot I've never seen! (LOL!) Good luck!

Other than maybe my Burgandy flake Champ. But they did come out with rubbing compound.

BF

P.S Should of had a KEELSHIELD..............

Doesn't white stain pretty easily from the water discoloration. I noticed the small amount of white on my hull always shows a brown water line and has a brown tint after a few trips.

Paul,

You gotta get some Bass Boat Saver. Just spray it on after pulling out and it removes the brown scum completely. Next time you go out the scum doesn't seem to stick as well. If you wipe down the boat with BBS after each trip, it's almost like having a coat of slippery wax on it. Dirt and such just don't seem to stick as well. Even if they do, a little shot of BBS takes it right off. No, I don't work for them. Just very pleased with the product. I bought the small size first but now that it's almost gone I went in big time and ordered the full gallon. My boat gets it every time I pull out.

NoCAL

Sounds like a lot of work for every outing ... :(.

The brown scum does seem to come off pretty easily when washing the boat regularly. Just might not look so hot in between washings.

Back