MN lake for the week!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND Bass

Reaction score
Getting excited all! I'm headed to a lake cabin in Detroit Lakes, MN for the week starting on Saturday. This will be the 21st year of our annual, family fishing adventure with my wife's parents. Yep, all good with the in-laws.

Anybody have any suggestions on interesting new tactics they've been successful with lately? We throw lots of frogs and jigs to catch plenty of hogs. I'm planning to perfect my wacky and dropshot while relaxing.

Sounds like fun! I like an green pumpkin and orange swirl with the sinker pegged aboout 18" up for smallies, but as elteewon will attest, I wasn't exactly burning them up with that (or anything else for that matter) last week! Have fun.

Try a 5-6" super-fluke on a weighted (or weightless) 3/0 EWG hook......that's a great bait and fun to see the strikes....also...NOTHING is more fun than a pop-r or a spook surface strike at 6am to get your day started. Your heart rate will go from 60BPM to 120 in 2 seconds!!:blink::rolleyes:

Thanks guys....and Mac...I love top water stuff. I like to use buzzbaits as well. What a kick.

I may need to make a trip to the store, I haven't used a 'super-fluke' before.

Ooops! I meant green pumpkin and orange swirl crawdad/brush hog/sweet beaver type jig. Too late a night and too early of a morning...........:blink:

Back