Mississippi Pool 19

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Munaretto

Reaction score
I'll be fishing on September 19 & 20 on the Mississippi out of Fort Madison, IA - pool 19 of the mississippi and that general vicinity. Any one with experience fishing this area in early fall that might have any advice would be greatly appreciated...

David

David....

Are you fishing the Classic for Big Bucks on that weekend? If so, i'll see you there.... Cant share any info at this time, you might be ther enemy LOL

Mike
http://

A good spot is by the generating station south of Burlington. Check out Camp Creek. If you have an Illinois license you can go past the bridge. Turkey chute will hold fish. My son and I have taken fish north of Heapsville. Carthage Lake might be good. It used to be a private lake, but the flood of '93 opened it up to the river. The members are not very happy to see nonmembers in there.

It will really depend on water levels. Fished it late June and was really low. Places we went before were too low to hold many fish. There is a really small marina on the Iowa side about a mile south of the dam. The rip-rap on the south side has held fish for us. Not very big but keepers. 14" minimum on the river. Good luck. I hope the water level is decent.

Latest posts

Back