Minnesota Members

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Schram

Reaction score
I will be in Minneapolis the last week of Sept. and the first week of Oct. on business but will be free the weekend in between I need to find out is this to late in the season for small mouth and if not how cold could I expect it to be? I would also like some info for a good guide so I can book a trip on some place close as travel will be limited. any help would be nice. e-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks

I'm not sure but I kinda think that the last week of September in Minnesota, if you want to fish, you have to drag a shack out onto the ice and then drill a hole into the ice don't you?

Nah, I'm teasing William because I don't really know. I'm sure someone much more knowledgeable than me will give you the straight scoop.

Uncle Billy

Billy...

That cracked me up!!!! It ain't till about the second week of October that the lakes start to freeze!

Isn't Minnesota the state with 11 months of winter and one month of crappy ice skating?:lol:

Billy I knew you would stick a comment in I just hope its not that bad as I dont want5 to be sitting around all weekend.

LOL ...You guys crack me up.

Its the same old excuse.. I could't catch fish because It was the wrong time of year or they're not biting because the weather was bad.lol

The fish are biting all the time ,atleast in Minnesota . The only limitations are the one's you impose on yourself.

Now to answer you question . No Sept. is not to late in the season, in fact its a great time of year to be in the twin cities. average water temps are in the seventies as well as the air temps . As far as smallies go you might have to go further north . Minnetonka is on the west side of the cities and is known for its excellent largemouth bass . There are smallies in the rivers. I don't do the rivers anymore atleast not in a big boat .

William let me know when you'll be hear and I'd be happy to take you out . I live in the twin cities. We'll find you some northern smallies for sure.

Mark:cool:

Geeezzz MG, the only person who made a comment about seasons, etc., was William and even he didn't say he couldn't catch fish. If I lived in Mississippi and was going to Minnesota for the fist time I'd want some general knowledge imparted to me too.

The fact is Greg and I have caught a lot of both largemouth and smallmouth in Minnesota from right behind his house..And he lives in Illinois!:p :lol:

Uncle Billy

General knowledge !! how's army ? As far as that story about you and Greg catching bass from MN, behind Gregs house in ILL.I know that isn't true because Greg doesn't know how to catch bass thats wwhy he's a waleye guy.. So there Uncle Billy. :lol:

Mark

Did I start something? In a time not so long ago it was north vs south now it looks like north vs north or atleast uncle billy vs the north.

Mark I'll be sure to get in touch with you. I will be there the last week of Sept. and the first week of Oct.

Naaaa , I was just playing . I 'm sure Uncle Billy was as well . Atleast I think he was playing .

Besides I use to live in MD.infact I almost moved to Edgewater. The house was right on the water ,there was a half sunk old wooden cabin cruiser near the shore. Crofton .My second youngest was born in Annapolis. Iwas working with the military at the time.

Anyways William confirm with me a week or so before your trip and we'll go out and slam some smallies . Are largemouths wouldn't compare in size to the south but the smallies are a whole different story.

Mark

The Snake River out of Pine City is a great place for smallies. Late fall, they will be

pounding the top water bite. I have not been out there yet this year, but last year, lm's,

smallies, nothern, and even muskys were jumpin in the boat. Its only 45 minutes or so

north of the cities, right off of hwy 35.

p.s. Don't spread the word about this spot, its my secret spot. LOL.

Hey, I know how to catch Bass... Just ask Tox... He's seen me catch them... not very many... but I have caught them... And when I did, I had the same look on my face as Dennis Eckerley did his first time at bat for the Cubs after playing for the Boston Red Sox... (you had to be there to see it but if you did you would remember it)... Right there on national TV as the third strike was called on him he said; "What the F!@#"... Didn't need to be a professional lip reader... Harry Caray went nuts...:D

Of course I was playing.
So there Uncle Billy.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH:lol::lol:

So Mark, you lived in Crofton? Treppers sister lives there. Edgewater is much nicer.:rolleyes:

If you had a chance to buy Edgewater waterfront you should have. You can't imagine what those Washingtonians will spend for a house down here now..

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy ,

I can only imagine what the property goes for know. I was there in the early eighties. Even then realistate was unreasonabley high. Unfortunetly that was at the same time my then wife and mother to my oldest two boys freaked out and lost it. It ended in divorce and I got full custody of the boys. That is somethink I never regreted. I did regretfully lose my earnest money and bid on the house.

I was working as a private contractor on Meade,Belvoir,Andrews and Bolling.Iloved the area but it got hard raising the boys with no family around. They were only 12months and 2 1/2 yrs old.

Mark

Mark

Sorry you lost the house but I'm very happy you got the boys. I can't imagine working and trying to raise a 12mo. and 2 1/2 year old.. But darn, I would have had a close fishing partner.:( Salt and fresh water.

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back