Middle Seat on Pro Team 175

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Lo

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the middle seat on a Pro Team with a dedicated step for access between the rear deck and console area? Kids legs aren't long enough to straddle up. Do the Tracker seats hold up well under constant stepping? Seems like a small square of PT plywood wrapped in carpet or rubber would do the trick.

Thoughts and/or suggestions.

I have a PT185 and no little kids anymore and I removed it because it was a "pain" stepping over it or on it. I put 4 short stainless washers & bolts in place of the holes. Mainly did this to keep water out of the storage compartment. It is so much easier now getting on and off the rear deck. If by chance I have a 3rd person in the boat I offer the throwable cushion for them to sit on.

So far all has worked fine. Carl

I've been kicking the idea around for the last few years with my PT 175. I mostly fish solo, but can see the problem for kids or an adult. When guys fish with me they seem to get up there without trouble. I certainly don't want my seat ruined either.

My 185 is a 1995 model. I knew the previous owner and they used it alot for skiing. That kind of traffic along with my wife and two little kids hasn't affected my middle seat yet. they hold up pretty well. I don't let them step on the seat if the back is folded down, that would ruin it for sure. But so far all is good...if and when it does go bad I would remove it but for now it is still intact.

Wolf

Thanks guys. I will attempt a platform of some sort. I'll post when completed (or aborted).

I've thought about it many times. Never have two people in the boat plus it would be a good place for the ice chest.

Harpo

I removed the middle seat and built a deck over the forward recess. You can see it at my member site. Love it and wonder why Tracker doesn't open the deck option.

i have also removed mine on my pt17. i fluffed the carpet and it hides the holes well.

mike

Back