Michigan Fishing Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Rogers

Reaction score
Just moved to Michigan from Tennessee and trying to learn the weather... from what I hear, good luck. On average, can anyone tell me when the lakes start warming enough for spawning? All things being equal. I understand all of the variables, but just wondering if there is an 'average'?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Yep.....considering he's a Buckeye,..Tee's right on the money!!:rolleyes:;) Spawning will usually start in early-mid May.....but I've seen beds in June as well. Inland lakes usually warm up a little quicker than the big lakes......but we've also found smallies spawning in July up north!! I see you're in Linden, MI. so you're 30 minutes from my house,..I live in Waterford,...30 minutes east of you!!:cool:

In Meechigan the fish start feeding up for the spawn in May, Spawn in June, then start feeding up for the winter in July! :wacko::lol::wacko:

Thanks very much for the input... I do appreciate it! Looking forward to hiting some of these inland Michigan lakes, although I am not use to those 'toothy' critters that you guys have lurking in the waters...

Good fishing to all...

Mike....there's a few pike in the inland lakes.....you can expect to lose a lure or two, but there's a LOT of Muskies AND Pike in St. Clair,....but you'll love the waters around your area. Pohnema, Fenton, Lobdell and White Lk. in Highland are all excellent fisheries!!

Welcome to the mitten!!;)

Latest posts

Back