Michigan Bassmaster University

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
I know, I'm a little late in giving my review, but I have good reason. I had surgery Monday on my bad right eye. A version of Lasik was performed, commonly known as Lasek. It is the same procedure that is approved for our military personnel, and differs from Lasik in that a flap in the eye's lens is not created. Instead, the outer covering of the eye's lens is loosened and removed using a 20% alocohol solution. The cornea is then reshaped using a Laser. Once the Cornea is reshaped, a "bandage contact lens" is installed in the eye temporarily. Once healing takes place, it is removed and I'll be a new man. It is a VERY painful recovery. As I type, I am currently under the influence of Vicodin. I am supposed to get the lens off in the next few days, and am looking forward to seeing with both eyes again. Anyways, on to my Bassmaster University review (I'll try to stop my Vicodin influenced rambling)

As Andy mentioned in an earlier post, it was money well spent. Definately an All-Star lineup, 3 classic winners, one of which was a hometown hero, plus Baksay, Menendez and Auten. Woo gave the exact same seminar he gave us last year, even the same jokes, but I still managed to pick up a few tips and correct a few applications that I was doing wrong. Brauer also gave the exact same seminar he gave 2 years ago, but again I picked things up I may have missed 2 years ago, he is an awesome speaker. VanDam, well what can you say about him. His presentation was excellent, and he tailored it to us michigan guys, and even spent a little extra time with us because he was with his folk. Menendez's presentaions were very good and very professional, he is an excellent public speaker. Auten was very good on electronics, he spoke in laymens terms without getting to technical as other speakers did in past years. Baksay was pretty good, but he kept stopping his presentations to take questions, which caused him to get off track alot, he should have held questions till the end. All in all it was an excellent experience, even with one eye...!!

It was good seeing some of the fellas from the board, sorry we missed ya at dinner. I'm officially pumped up for the upcoming season..It won't be long now...!!!!

I know what you mean Smitty, the ice can't melt fast enough for me. I have been flipping and pitching in my living room since I got back from BPS a week ago. It was good seeing you and your buddy again.

Gene

Did any of you fellow classmates write down that "fishhead" website that I believe Menendez mentioned. I though he said swarminghornetlures.com, but that does not exist...

TT - Actually the Fish Head Spins are made by a friend of mine here on Lanier, Rick Steckelberg. It was one of the baits he used to win the recent BFL on Lake Russel. He does not sell direct, however he sells through several distributors like Donnie Sims (a.k.a. Spotsticker) in addition to our very own NTOWS sponsor Backwaters Online. Just an FYI.

Added Text: Rick's company is called Swarmin' Hornet Lures.
http://www.backwatersonline.com/

Back